Go Bottom Go Bottom

Will B7510 with Ind Tires leave ruts

View my Photos
KottyIII
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-04-30          128606

Found what I think is a good deal on a new 2005 model B7510 Turf Special ($9,950 w 60in mmm). My only concern is that it has the Ind. tires and in the near term I will only be using it for mowing. My question is, how concerned should I be about it leaving ruts in the yard when compared to the same with turf tires? It will have no other implements on it and no fluid in the tires.

Thank you for your help.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-04-30          128613

That depends a lot on your lawn as to if it is wet or not and the type of soil. Many prople do mow with industrial tires. ....

View my Photos
KottyIII

2006-04-30          128616

Art,

Thanks for the response. Understand that alot depends on conditions. Basically, just wondering how big of difference there is between the two tire types.

Take care. ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-04-30          128618

The industrial is normally more expensive, it will give a stiffer ride for your purposes as they are better suited for loader work. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2006-04-30          128621

How much are you mowing? and how hard is your dirt? How well rooted is your grass?

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-04-30          128624

Any tire can leave a rut, just as any shoe can leave a footprint---all depends who is wearing them and where they're walking. A rut is a function of very soft or wet ground conditions combined with the footprint or surface contact area of the tire along with how much weight is on it. If you mean will it leave an impression? that's a different thing but it's also based on the same criteria. Given the same ground conditions and weight of the CUT, a turf tire, because it's wider and has a doughnut-shaped profile will tend to float more and not leave a square-edge impression; industrial tires will leave a characteristic alternating tread bar impression and float fairly well, but can have a more-or-less square-edge impression though hardly noticeable; Ag tires will leave deep impressions from the chevron-style tread bars sinking in the ground, and are typically not as wide as the other two. For my taste and use Industrial tires are an all- around good choice. ....

View my Photos
WillieH

2006-05-04          128838

KottyIII -
For many years I was very content with my aggressive turf tires as I was rotoyilling alot. Then I started breaking into what is called up here ~Black Gum~. Real slimy black soft, well one really cannot call it dirt, because it is SO wet. The turfs would work so long as I had chains on them - all four, then I could move a friggin' mountain.

Then I sized out a set of industrials for my orange (see pic). No more chains, they are hanging in the garage. I can pull thru the slimiest (is that a word) of conditions, and back up onto the lawn without digging up the lawn.

I still have my turf set, and honestly never got stuck with them. Just now, I can realize yet a bit more assurance that I won't, and will not leave a boatload of remnants from the turf treads when it dries off, all over the place.

You will however, get a harder boucier ride with the R4's as opposed to the turf tires, especially if they are not loaded. Having no other implements on it, SHOULD not cause any issues with your lawn, but that is driving habit and lawn dependent.

- Willie H. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2006-05-04          128842

Willie, it doesn't make any difference in the ride as to if industrial tires are loaded or not! They just use a really stiff side wall as well as tread area to handle heavy loads. Even though we may be a little heavy in the base most tractors are not a load for industrial tires so they give little or no ride comfort. ....

View my Photos
WillieH

2006-05-04          128851

Art -
I am quite in sync with you of the design nature of the tires Art, however, respectfully, I must disagree with you. If you have a set of tires - in this case industrials that are loaded vs. unloaded, the tire (forget the tractor for a minute), but, the tire will have a tendancy to stay planted on the traveling surface much more so than an unloaded tire would.

In doing so, having no ballast in the tire, or in this case on the tractor as other implements on the 3pt, would allow the tire to have a tendancy to leave the traveling surface more readily, hence offering a bouncier ride. Perhaps the word is not bouncier, rather less stable, less planted...
Perhaps I am reading something in the original post, that isn't there?

- Willie H. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2006-05-04          128859

It isn't the bounce in the ride I don't like with the R-4 tires.... It is the stiffness.

I swear, if I run over a dime I can tell heads from tails.

Recently, I inflated my radial rears up to 30 psi and they ran as rough as the R-4's. Every little golf ball sized rock would pitch the tractor around.

Didn't take me long to deflate them back down to 10 pounds. My back is so much happier. ....

View my Photos
WillieH

2006-05-04          128864

DRankin -

No kidding...When I first got the R4's, they had some 30+ lbs in each. I had never had a more harder ride with anything, and as you pointed out, I could feel a dime under the tires as I drove over it. I went WAY down in psi also, MUCH more comfy on the back, neck, etc.

~ Willie H.

View my Photos
DenisS

2006-05-04          128871

My neighbor and I have about the same soil conditions on our properties. He cannot use his CUT with Ag tires on the lawn because the tractor leaves the ruts, unless the soil is really dry. I mow with Turf tires and haven't had any rots, even in areas that were submerged under water a couple of days earlier. I imagine though, you could mow with Industrial tires whent he ground is pretty dry. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-05-04          128875

I think by now you realize it will depend on your own case. I have mowed my lawn wiht a 6,000 lb tractor with water in rear tires and ag tires. Litle bit of mark made that in day or so gone.

I have used 2,000 lb with no water and ind tires and no marks on same yard.

I have used Z turn with turf on same with some sign left to no sign left.

For my use, the tires that cause the most problem are the front tires as you turn as they want to dig in. As to my experience, I did fine with all. That covers from wet heavy dirt to medium sandy loam.

One thing I found for myself regardless of the tire, if wet and soft, slow down. Speed damages. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login