PAT
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-01-27          123653

what would u buy

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

ktv 900 or gator

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-01-27          123655

RTV? ....

ktv 900 or gator

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-01-28          123659

If you mean RTV vs. Gator? I would go with the RTV. The RTV has its flaws and is under powered but is superior to the Gator which is a dated machine. The two cannot really be fairly compared but the RTV is a much more versital machine.

In my opinion the Polaris Ranger XP is the best of the bunch but I don't care for its belt drive CTV transmission. ....

ktv 900 or gator

View my Photos
countryboy

2006-01-28          123667

neither,

Two years ago I was at my brothers place in Iowa and was surprised to see how powerful his golfcart was on his hilly acreage, their cheap if their used and there's plenty around.

cb ....

ktv 900 or gator

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-01-28          123676

Pat,

There is little here to work with. We have a two wheel drive Gator. Other machines are stronger and smoother. However, I rather have it by far over the golf carts used here. You can find used Gators at what I think are good prices also.

Now, we went with Gator for two reasons, one my wife wanted green and was for her. Number two, it is classed as a farm machine and legal on our state roads where the other brands were/are classed as off road and are not legal on roads. ....

ktv 900 or gator

View my Photos
DRankin

2006-01-28          123677

Deere added a 4wd to the Gator line as soon as the RTV showed up on the scene.

However it is still a dated design. There are better things out there.

It would be interesting to see what Honda can do with a side-by-side. ....

ktv 900 or gator

View my Photos
hardwood

2006-01-28          123680

I have to agree with Kthompson, we have a Gator 4x4. It does everything we need done, and here in Iowa it is street legal for farm use. The other plus a Gator had for me was the ease of getting on and off compared to a four wheeler. Frank. ....

ktv 900 or gator

View my Photos
DRankin

2006-01-28          123683

The road-legal thing would make it more attractive.

Now the question is why someone doesn't kick the DMV in the butt to legalize any machine with the same features. ....

ktv 900 or gator

View my Photos
StoneGate

2006-02-09          124295

I looked hard at the kubota and deere. I opted for the Gator HPX Diesel and it has performed without flaw. I live in cold weather country (Ohio) and use it for just about everything (we live on 50 acres with 40 acres of hilly hardwoods). I have no trouble starting it, although I have read that others have. I keep it in a barn and maybe that helps. I also looked at the Kawasaki and the Polaris. The Polaris was fast, but I liked the diesel in the Gator and 25 mph is enough around here. I have about 100 hrs on it without any trouble and I have given it a pretty good beating. I am sure you will enjoy either machine, but I have had such good luck with Deere that I can't find a reason to change. ....

ktv 900 or gator

View my Photos
Art White

2006-02-10          124358

I finally found some one today to let me play on their RTV this should be fun! ....

ktv 900 or gator

View my Photos
Art White

2006-02-10          124359

I finally found some one today to let me play on their RTV this should be fun! ....

ktv 900 or gator

View my Photos
Art White

2006-02-10          124360

cb, I have a G-14 Yamaha cart with the four inch lift kit and ten inch tires on the front and twelve on the back and it does go good on dry ground but in heavy mud or snow it pushes the front end to much. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login