Go Bottom Go Bottom

Winter s coming

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-24          69469

I posted a few new pictures this morning. One in particular for Art's benefit. See picture # 6.

I was by the shop on the weekend and they had all the new units lined up out front before sending them off for snow work.

21 new Grand L3830HSTC's all ready to go, now all we need is snow........

Best of luck.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Winter s coming

View my Photos
Billy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-24          69472

Winter finally hit here last night, Murf. It got down to 27 degrees F. LMAO

I don't know what winter is and damn glad of it ;) ....

Winter s coming

View my Photos
Murf

2003-11-24          69475

Carefull Billy, at that temperature you might get a chill, LOL.

It never ceases to make me laugh when I get visitors from the south and they ask why we have police lights on tractors. We try tell them it's so we can arrest Ole' Man Winter.

They don't buy it.....

Best of luck. ....

Winter s coming

View my Photos
Wildman1

2003-11-24          69476

I did a snow dance last week and as of today I've blown snow 4 times in 5 days. 2'+ and still falling. ....

Winter s coming

View my Photos
Murf

2003-11-24          69503

Wildman, you could do that little dance for me some, most of the contracts are hourly now, I wouldn't mind a few extra hours....... LOL

We just aren't allowed to blow it, most of the time we're required to plow it. Blowers are mostly just for loading trucks now.

Best of luck. ....

Winter s coming

View my Photos
Art White

2003-11-24          69505

Now somewhere there is a happy Kubota dealer! We do a lot of blowing in this area as by February we all would have to move it big time! This year will be a dry year for us at least that's my prediction. Sorry Murf!!! ....

Winter s coming

View my Photos
Chief

2003-11-24          69509

Now pic #7 is a fine example of a comfortable lookin' pooch and layed back master. ;-) ....

Winter s coming

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-11-25          69557

I got a real strobe type flasher to replace the cheapo box store one I've been using. With the blue lens (for snow plows here) it should be real good for getting winter to pull over. Now the problem will be to put another plug in my aux lighting circuit to run Murf's suggestion of a snowmobile helmet with a heated visor. I intend to be a snug plower this year whether winter's arrested or not. Well, snug as can be without a cab. ....

Winter s coming

View my Photos
Murf

2003-11-25          69563

Chief, you just don't know how right you are friend. The missus was born and raised in South Africa and when it gets below about 60 deg. F. she start building fires and putting on sweaters. The dog will happily lay in front of the fire till I have to tell him to move cause I can start to smell his hair from the heat, then he just grumbles and rolls over.

So far the only thing I have found that will motivate him away from the fire is the sound of a diesel starting. It doesn't work on the missus though, LOL.

The new strobes are far more energy efficient than the old style with two sealed beams and a motor to spin them. The old lights had FAR superior visibilty though. Even with all the running and head lights on and the strobe going on the roof, we still have to add auxillary horns to get people out of the way. The worst problem is kids on the sidewalk though, they like to play chicken, or pelt the machine from behind after its gone by, we had three broken windows last year.

Tom, most of the electrically heated visors come with their own power harness and plug set, you just hook the machine end of the harness to the battery, the switch is inline and leaves with the helmet.

Best of luck. ....

Winter s coming

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-11-25          69568

Murf: What I replaced was a Trash & Can 25w bulb with a rotating reflector. Maybe better than nothing for changing tires along dark highway shoulders but pretty well worthless for anything else. I may have bought the rotating sealed beam type if one with a magnetic base had been in the tractor store when I bought the strobe on impulse. I've heard that their visibility is better than strobes.

I may see if I can find a green lens for the T&C one (for volunteer fire fighters around here) and use it for going to fire scenes. Probably still wouldn't show up much but it might get me passed the police without having to stop to explain that I really do need to run their road block. ....

Winter s coming

View my Photos
StephenR

2003-11-25          69591

Wildman1, What is that in picture #14!? Is that some sort of bear hunting rig or is that your Homeland Defense gear? Whatever it is, where can I get one? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login