Go Bottom Go Bottom

Wallenstein vrs DR PTO Chippers

View my Photos
Michel
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-05          92828

I would appreciate some advice: I have a Kubota 18hp tractor to power a chipper. I have researched chippers as best I can and have come down to two to choose from: Do I buy the Wallenstein BX40 or the DR P{TO Chipper?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Patrick Leonard

2004-10-31          99575

Buy a bearcat 70554. It chips and shreds and works with my 16hp Kubota B7100 even with the one speed blower using some power. Look closly, several companies buy and house label the Bearcat. Examples are: Woods, Walker-Schork and at least one other that I have seen. Woods dealers want $500 more for the same machine that I bought. The blower is great to put the chips where you want them, but be sure that it is downwind of you. Lots of fine dust from rotting wood, bark, and leaves. ....

View my Photos

2005-07-06          113101

I am in a dellima. I have a 35HP tractor and dont quie know if I should rent or own a shredder. Anyone done a cost comparision? Sounds like the chippers are high maintence based on the inputs I am reading on this. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-07-06          113104

Is there someone in your area that rents them? Around here nobody seems to rent out 3 point chippers. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login