Go Bottom Go Bottom

Thread Poster List

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-04-17          162127

I added a new feature in addition to the current ability to filter the message thread to one poster and yourself, you can now see a summary of all the unique posters active in the current thread along with how many posts they have made.

You can click on their name to filter the thread to your posts and the selected posts of the name you click on. Then all the posts will come back on one page.

This appears at the bottom of every page as :

Thread 161532 Filter by Poster:
Chief 2
DennisCTB 3
DRankin 5
earthwrks 3
greg_g 1
hardwood 1
harvey 1
kthompson 1
kwschumm 3
Murf 8

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Thread Poster List

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-04-17          162129

OK, no coffee yet this AM but Dennis how or why would I do this? ....

Thread Poster List

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2009-04-17          162134

I hope to make a convert out of you Ken :)

The idea is that when you are on one of those long threads (20+) messages etc., the participants start saying "Ken, when you said ....." without a quote it gets very hard to follow the conversation. You have to work your way through all the pages to figure out who said what, and on what page they said it.

With the Poster list at the bottom of each page visitors can quickly filter the Thread to the conversation they are interested in and see it all on one page.

Hopefully I can get some users to like it! :(

Some years ago I developed a different version of this site where we had the same summary list of who posted with no other display type. You just clicked on a name and then those messages dynamically appeared within the same page. No one liked that so it was quickly replaced with the current layout.

It might be interesting to make the current new feature work in the same way so that the filtered messages appear in a Pop Up Window, though most people don't like Pop Ups.

Dennis ....

Thread Poster List

View my Photos
kthompson

2009-04-17          162137

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisCTB | view 162134
[QUOTE=DennisCTB;162134] I hope to make a convert out of you Ken :) Me too!! Somethings this ole brain catches on to real fast; others, well sometimes the clutch slips. :) ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login