Go Bottom Go Bottom

Tire chains

View my Photos
Mark S.
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-09-14          7995

Does anyone know of a vendor that makes tire chains for the compacts that use non-metallic bars in place of the cross chains. Am using a JD755 w/ turf tires for snow removal and do not want to tear up pavement. Any suggestions/recomendations. Thanks in advance.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Tire chains

View my Photos
Keith

1999-09-15          8014

You might check the Gempler's catalog. I think they might have a set chains of the kind you are looking for. They are online somewhere, I don't have the URL handy.Keith ....

Tire chains

View my Photos
stanley

1999-09-15          8015

www.gemplers.com ....

Tire chains

View my Photos
Roger L.

1999-09-15          8030

I think that the front turf tires on the 755 are real close to being astandard car tire size. I adapted a set of these for my Yanmar which is close to the size of a JD 650. It wasn't much work, but in retrospect I could have just as easily had a custom set built at the large local tire shop that does industrial equipment and tractor tire work. It would have been about 5X the cost of modifying it myself....You might look at the kind of radial tire chains that have cross links of wire cable threaded through rotating metal sleeves. These should be less damaging to the driveway than the traditional chains. Years ago I made up a set of "chains" which were nothing more than a length of 1/2" manila hemp rope wound through the openings in the wheel and around the tire. They looked and worked pretty much like chains, and provided plenty of traction in deep snow. They did not stand up to being spun against rocks so well....but repairs were easily done and if used carefully they lasted through the winter. Roger Loving ....

Tire chains

View my Photos
Ted

1999-09-16          8043

As a landscaper I have the same problem with marking paving with chains. We solved the problem by making sets of "chains" from aircraft cable, pretty standard stuff. Except, the crossbars are removable on ours, and since we have an abundance of junk garden hoses, we cut them up into lengths that equal the crossbars, slip them onto the crossbars and re-attach. Now we have lots of traction for pushing in snow, and they work really nice in ice conditions too!! The "treads" are easy to replace as they wear out, NO MARKS! and junk garden hoses are far cheaper than turf tires......... ....

Tire chains

View my Photos
Dave Anderson

1999-09-24          8262

Yes, there is a company that makes rubber tire chains here in PA. Our dealership has sold several sets with good results.Dave ....

Tire chains

View my Photos
jrk234

2003-12-06          70422

Hey Dave, I'm interested in the rubber tire chains that your company sells. Could you post some info on your company or a web-site to get info on the chains. Thanks

Jeff ....

Tire chains

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-06          70426

You might try these guys if you haven't already. They may carry something like that or know who does. ....

Link:   click here

Tire chains

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-06          70427

jrk you might try daves e-mail. His post is over 4 years old and I do not recall him here with that log in. ....

Tire chains

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-06          70428

You might be able to reach Dave here. ....

Link:   click here

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login