Go Bottom Go Bottom

TIRE WEIGHTS

View my Photos
skipll
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-08-30          180110

I am wondering if any use this product--WWW.rimgaurd.biz
I have added 165 lbs on my front bumper ( Kubota B 2320 )& it seems to make a big diff. grading uphill'
So I be thinkin more is better----problem is I have to remove the tires & drive 1 1/2 hours. (one way ) to do this---But dealer says it costs only $36 to do it---
So ya think it will be worth it?---I need a shove in the rite direction please--

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TIRE WEIGHTS

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-08-31          180117

Even ballasted fronts can't add much traction because they have a small footprint, usually only one is pulling at a time (unless on a rare model with a locking front diff), and they don't hold much liquid.

But you should be able to put the liquid in by yourself if they have tubes. Fill to about the top of the rim.

Ballasting the rears is worthwhile. Farm-tire shops will send a service truck to do it.

I think you meant "guard" in the web address. ....

TIRE WEIGHTS

View my Photos
Murf

2011-08-31          180119

I'm with Auerback here, you won't gain enough weight with those small front tires.

If you're wanting more weight either make up a little larger front mount and add more weights, or just swap the weights you have for larger ones.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login