Go Bottom Go Bottom

Rear Tire Offset

View my Photos
Mike
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-11-24          10332

I am considering buting a JD 4300 or 4400 with 430 Loader & 48 Hoe with R4 Tires. I just rented one and was quite impressed. I am curious why the rear wheels are solid, opposed to 2 piece where the wheel offset can be changed. Are the JD wheels switchable between right and left to move treads out? Also, on the machine I rented the front loader would "settel" about 2-3" from where I stopped the lift. This was with and without a load.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Rear Tire Offset

View my Photos
norm

1999-11-24          10340

I can't speak directly to 4300 and 4400s, but my guess is that they are like older models (like my 755). The center plate of the wheel is not in the center. Therefore, to change the stance between wide and narrow, you simply take the wheels off and turn them around. ....

Rear Tire Offset

View my Photos
RBinNC

1999-11-24          10341

On my 4300, the rear wheels are in two pieces, the center hub and the rim. Between them, there are about eight different rear widths that you can pick from. I have R1's, other treads may use different wheels. ....

Rear Tire Offset

View my Photos
Shawn

1999-11-24          10342

JD offers both solid and 2-piece rims on the 4x00 series. When the rear single piece rims are reversed, it only changes the width by a few inches, depending on which tires you have. The 2-piece rims offer a variety of configurations which will give a narrow track up to a pretty wide track. The options and exact width in inches is shown in the manual. ....

Rear Tire Offset

View my Photos
Steve

1999-11-24          10345

I too am looking at a 4300 - in fact it is on order. It is my understanding that "one piece" rims can be reversed to add some additional width. I would be interested to know what the outside width is with the wheels in both the standard position and the widened position for R4 tires. Thanks. ....

Rear Tire Offset

View my Photos
Jack in IL

1999-11-24          10348

With R4 tires, the overall width with wheels in standard position is 58.2". With wheels exchanged side to side, the maximum overall width is 59.5". The wheels for R1 ag tires are adjustable to 8 positions giving minimum overall width of 50" and a maximum overall width of 66.7". ....

Rear Tire Offset

View my Photos
Terry

1999-11-25          10362

Mike and others I own a 4400 with turf tires, I`ve changed the stance on my tractor simply by switching the tires around,left on right and viceversa, seem to make the tractor about fourteen inches wider. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login