Go Bottom Go Bottom

Price for Kerosene Can versus Diesel Can

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-20          111304

I was over at th local Home Desperate and Lowes and they both carry a 5 gallon Yellow Plastic Diesel can and a 5 gallon Blue plastic Kerosene can.

They are obviously made by the same company. The Diesel can is about $17.00 the kerosene is $7.00.

Kerosene and Diesel are just about the same stuff. Why is one over twice the other at both stores?

Will a gas station fill a Blue Kerosene can with Diesel? Some new gov regs? I used to get Kersoene in an old red gas can that I boldly labeled "KEROSENE".

Comments.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-20          111305

Dennis, I usually wait until Walmart has them on sale. That last batch I bought there cost $4.50 each for the yellow diesel plastic cans. I also caught some of the 6 gallon red plastic gas cans on sale for the same price. I just label them "diesel" they also have a yellow cap. Most gas stations I have seen are self service and have had nobody say anything to me about filling them. I usually buy my fuel at the Flying J. ....

View my Photos
its_that_guy@yahoo.c
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-05-20          111308

Just a thought - Did the diesel can have a auto shut-off nozzle instead of the now standard vent-less nozzle?? that could be the price difference..

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2005-05-20          111309

Randy,

Here in NJ we are one of the very few states where we are not allowed to fill our own cars, trucks or cans, I will check with a couple of stations I go to see if they care what kinda can I use, they will probably think I am nuts. The stores seem to rarely have the yellow or even blue cans. I saw nothing at Wally World other than small red cans.

that_guy I think they both had the same ventless spouts, I'll look closer. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login