Go Bottom Go Bottom

4600 loader

View my Photos
Bmyers
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-08-11          61558

Hello, I hope i get more answers than I got from the last post,I need a loarer and backhowe for my 4600 what should i buy and dose anyone have some used / thanks bill

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

4600 loader

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-11          61561

If it were mine I would buy only a JD loader and BH for it. That way you know it will fit and it won't overstress the machine. I've read horror stories of aftermarket loaders and backhoes that don't fit well, require modifications to install, interfere with mid-ptos or other components on the tractor, etc. You might check machinefinder dot com to see if you can find used ones.

4600 loader

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-08-12          61612

It is a little hard to respond to such a general question. A question such as 'I am looking at this loader for my 4600 does anyone have experience with it?' is easier to respond to.

Without knowing any more, KW's response is the one I'd choose. Go with a tractor manufacturer's implements and attachments. They tend to be better integrated into the design of a particular tractor. They also cost more and plenty of good after-market products are around but it does take a bit of research.

Maybe I'm lucky and have a good dealer who recommends after-market implements because he knows I won't go for the costs of new manufacturer products. The recommendations have always worked for me and I still think the dealer can do a better job of researching what's out there than I can. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login