Go Bottom Go Bottom

Quick attach trailer hitch

View my Photos
STEVEM
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-07-28          60338

Has anyone figured out a way to make [or buy] a quick attach trailer hitch that mounts on a loader bucket? I have a quick attach bracket on a 480 Kubota loader. I think it my be easer to make it for the quick attach bracket. Any ideas? Pictures would be nice!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-09-14          63852

Steve, looks like this one got by us.

If you are still out there and interested I can post some pictures of a hitch I am just putting the finishing touches on...... Let me know. ....

View my Photos
WillieH
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-09-14          63867

SteveM -

I think that I commented about this awhile ago already...maybe not and I am absolutely losing my mind! LOL

Anyway, what I do with any loader bucket that I get, is to buy a $30 step bumper 2" receiver, use four grade 8 or above 1/2" or 5/8" bolts, and mount the receiver to the underside of the top lip of the bucket frame. I also incorporate in a piece of 5/16" or 3/8" angle iron the full length of the buckets for added strength,( no bendage). Simply slide your tow bar in when you want to use it, and go. Works great, takes up very little space in the bucket cavity...and it's simple.

Willie H. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2003-09-15          63892

We use a pintle hitch on the bucket of our full-sized TLB for moving heavy 'towables' (air compressors, etc.) around.

We tried it on one of the CUT's but it didn't work out very well. If the hitch is high enough that you can easily see it from the operator's station then the bottom of the loader mount bottoms out going through even the slightest depression. If you mount the hitch to the top of the bucket itself the problem of dragging gets even worse unless you have the trailer tongue a long way up.

The hitch on the 3pth seems to be the easiest all around.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
STEVEM
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-09-16          64092

Mark

I'm still here and still intrested, pics would be great! ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-09-18          64291

In the past I have tweaked the lips of two buckets by putting hooks on the top, even with some steel reinforcement inside.

The goal this time was to minimize or prevent bending the bucket when using the hook and to provide a way to tow/spot trailers without having to remove the backhoe.

The results are shown in pics #2, 3 and 4. The receiver is backed by a slab of 1/2 inch thick steel and is mounted on what I hope will be a stronger section of the bucket.

The hook can be mounted in either direction for lifting or pulling. The drop shank hitch is about the same distance off the ground as the hitch on my pick-up truck when the FEL cutting edge is 2-3 inches off the deck.

I should also explain that Willies idea works better on Kubota's where the upper lip of the bucket turns up, as long as you have enough room to insert the shank into the receiver without hitting the back of the bucket.

The bucket lip on the JD's turns down, requiring a different approach. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login