Go Bottom Go Bottom

FEL scale

View my Photos
modyinnh
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-09-08          180271

Hi folks, There are times I'd like to be able to determine how much weight I'm lifting with my FEL. I've got a Kioti DK45HST with the 6 foot loader. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
Paul

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

FEL scale

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-09-08          180273

If you had a bunch of say concrete blocks or bricks and knew the weight of one .... But it makes a difference where the fore-aft center of the weight is. There are tractor-engineering sites that detail how to measure loader work.

How long have you had your Kioti, what do you use it for, how do you like it? ....

FEL scale

View my Photos
modyinnh

2011-09-08          180274

Hi, Thanks for that. Actually its my second Kioti. I had a 35hp gear before this one for about 5 years/700+hrs. Traded up to the DK45 this past spring in order to start haying. Now I need to figure out the hay equipment:). I've had absolutely no problems with either, except for a flat. I used the old one for brush-hogging and lots of snow removal with the FEL and box blade. Also moving boulders out of my field. Recently, with the backhoe from the smaller one I've been mucking out a neglected (not by me) hay storage area in my old barn. Might need a skid steer to finish the job though.
regards,
p ....

FEL scale

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-09-08          180275

There's a thread on this way back in the archives somewhere, probably 10+ years old by now.

The simplest way would be to just put a hydraulic pressure gauge on the 'lift' side of the loader arm circuit. Then, as Auerbach mentioned, put some known weights on the FEL and get a correlation between PSI and pounds.

Warning: The gauge would have to be capable of 3,000 PSI or more, and if you're not knowledgeable with hydraulics, be EXTREMELY careful and seek guidance from someone who does know. Fluid under pressure can do more damage than you could imagine.

Best of luck. ....

FEL scale

View my Photos
modyinnh

2011-09-12          180319

Thanks Murf, I'll check into that!
p ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This