Go Bottom Go Bottom

Buhler 195 loader cylinders to bucket

View my Photos
wmgysi
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-01-21          150529

I use a brand new Buhler 195 loader and notice that the cylinders that move the bucket up and down will touch the fram (the arm that holds the bucket) on both sides when tipping the bucket all the way up. It makes markes on the arm and I am concerned that there may be other problems coming. I notice that the cylinders have play in the very last part of retraction but not when flipped further down. Anybody else has such problems? Is it serious?
I placed a picture in my album for those that want to see how it exactly looks.
Any coments welcome.

Picture Link

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-01-22          150531

Wmgysi,

You say it's a new loader, but.......

I'm all but certain that something in the geometry has changed. Maybe there's a different bucket on the loader than it was designed for. Maybe the cylinder mounting points have been changed at some point....I don't know. Is it possible that the cylinders, themselves, have been increased in size (diameter) at some point?

At any rate, I'm all but positive that your loader has had something done to it that would cause your cylinders to make contact with the loader arms. Buhler makes good stuff. This isn't something that the factory would have done. Maybe the dealer installed the wrong bucket on it.

Joel ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-01-22          150535

There should be (bucket travel) stops that would prevent this denting. It looks to me that the bucket is allowed to rotate down too far taking the cylinders with it. In the absence of bucket stops, the full-extention of the cylinders may be used to control the bucket. That said, if the bucket control or stop was marginal or very close to allowing the chylinders to touch the loader arm--all it tkaes is just a little slop in the bushings of any or all components of the bucket and/or the cylinders.

(Not to be an alarmist--worse case scenario:)
You did mention something about extra travel IN the cylinders which could indicate a loose piston rod nut which holds the piston to the rod (there is usually an o-ring at the point where the piston meets the rod). If there is sufficient movement of the piston on the rod it could destroy or make ineffective the o-ring leading to rapid leakdown or weak use of the bucket, not mention ruin the rod. If the nut inside comes off the rod that could be catastrophic if one or both rods come out of the cylinder both from a safety standpoint of the bucket coming loose, but the oil spraying out and the pump running dry. ....

View my Photos
wmgysi

2008-01-22          150548

HI,
Thanks for the return. I thought someone else has the same problem. I will have to check with the dealer. I wondered if I did something wrong. I just use it to take snow from the drive way and yes it is brand new. And the marks are on both sides. I will call the dealer today and mention it to them.
thanks again
Werner ....

View my Photos
wmgysi

2008-01-22          150549

Thanks for your reply. There is no bucket stop as I can see, but that is what I feel is missing. There is no leaks so far but I keep a close look. Will call the dealer today to see what he has to say. I just bought this rig, a 1520 New Holland 2007 model. they make them again, but of course now with hydrostatic and a 36 Hp motor, 4 wheel drive. All works well so far except the marks. If I don't take the bucket all the way up it wont touch, so I am allways watching this now.
thanks again for your help. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-01-22          150560

I downloaded a picture from the Buhler site of your loader manual. If you look at page 2 of the manual, the picture at the bottom is yours. In the portion of the drawing where the bucket is totally raised, it clearly shows the bucket going way back as if to show the rod end (pivot at the bucket)resting on the loader arm! The drawing appaers to be fairly accurate so I have a hunch it was taken from blueprints. If that's the case then the cylinder would be touching too. Also, if you use your imgination, if the loader arms were all the way down and you curled the bucket back and then pushed the bucket slightly against the pile, then you get the same effect of totally raising it--but the effect and result is more doable with it down.

I have the same problem with my backhoe. The cylinder snapped in half so I had a new one made. The idiots made the rod about a half inch too long, which made it better to use full-dumped because now the bucket rests against the stops instead of pulling on the cylinder--but when curling back it slams back not touching the stops. After awhile this slamming cracked the bucket pivot welds from the shock and added leverage. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2008-01-22          150564

Sounds like the very first thing you should do is talk to your dealer about it.

If nothing else this will document the problem in case there's an issue down the road.

Also send an email to Buhlers customer service people, they will reply (they're pretty good folks IMHO & experience) and this will also give you some form of documentation of the problem.

It seems to me that the dealer who did the install didn't set it up right when they did tested it.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
wmgysi

2008-01-22          150565

thanks Murf and for sharing your pics. I'm expecting a call back from the dealer. Good idea to also address it with Buhler. Take care, Werner ....

View my Photos
1hillbilly
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-01-23          150599

I agree with earthwrks last post, having been exposed to operation and maintenance of equipment his info is exactly what I would say. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login