Go Bottom Go Bottom

Maximum weight in loader

View my Photos
MIFarmin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-10-20          136150

Is there a good way to tell if you are overloading your front end loader? I was moving some hardwood and I wasn't sure how much weight I had in there. Are there signs I should look for before something breaks. I figure it is designed for a load of dirt but other things like rock or wood could push it to its limit.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Maximum weight in loader

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-10-20          136152

The hydraulics are normally set to release before you get mechanical failure. I doubt you can place more in the bucket than the loader can lift. I have placed things on the edge of the bucket where you are at the edge of what the loader is designed for. ....

Maximum weight in loader

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-10-20          136154

I have loaded mine with bags of concrete until full and then stacked them on top of the FEL, with the fence post tied on top of the bags. More than likey not the best thing to do but I have never had a problem. DONT WORRY ABOUT THE MULE JUST LOAD THE WAGON. Just remember to keep the load as low to the ground as you can go.

from my archives ....

Maximum weight in loader

View my Photos
lencamp
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-10-21          136161

I have a TC33D with 7308 loader. I've tried to pull small stumps straight up out of the ground with the loader. Some were too big and simply caused the pressure relief to bypass. A dealer showed me a tractor broken in half by a bozo who cranked up the pressure regulator. With loaded rear tires the loader wasn't strong enough to lift the rear wheels. Book says it's rated at 800 lbs. I was at a slight angle once and one rear tire started to come up so I pushed in the clutch and backed off. Haven't hurt myself or the tractor yet - thank goodness. ....

Maximum weight in loader

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-10-21          136167

Like Peters says, the hyraulics will determine if it's overloaded---if you haven't toyed with the relief adjustment. The next factor is the pump itself if it has enough oomph. Keep in mind that you don't want to offset your load to one side or you'll soon be kissing the ground next to you. Nothing will put the fear of God in you than have the rear end come off the ground and it starts tipping. If you do get in a situation like that, think quickly and lower the loader as soon as possible. Then change your underwear and go to church. ....

Maximum weight in loader

View my Photos
wingwiper

2006-10-21          136169

Mifarmer

I have loaded some mighty BIG boulders into my FEL but as MURF pointed out as well as a few others here, there is a SHOCK IMPACT as well as the static weight. Meaning if you have 800 pounds in your loader and you are moving and hit a small bump, the bounce may cause the load to far exceed the static weight of 800 pounds. Be careful and move slowly when loaded heavy. ....

Maximum weight in loader

View my Photos
Murf

2006-10-24          136271

The *safest* way to do it is to install a T-fitting and a hydraulic pressure guage in the lift circuit (the cylinders that lift & lower the FEL arms) and place the guage within easy sight of the operator.

Then you can either do the math (not as complicated as you would think) or load test the bucket with known weights and use the pressure readings to tell you EXACTLY how much weight you are lifting (or carrying) at a glance.

Best of luck. ....

Maximum weight in loader

View my Photos
BillShenefelt

2007-07-13          143657

I have a BX24. I was loading some cut wood (Silver maple) and had a rather large piece. Best guess is about a cubic yard. 3 ft high and over 3 ft diameter (stump end). I was leery of trying to lift it but with the RPM above 3000, the loader did lift it to move it over so he could grind the stump but still with some fear of damage in my heart. The wood had to exceed the 500 to 600 pound capacity Kubota gives for the front loader. Is it all limited by the hydraulic system (assuming I can lift it with little tractor movement(just want to put it on a cart) is is safe for the tractor? The tree feller did not want to make another cut in it due to hitting an internal rock. I understand the bounce factor in a lift and this would not cause a lot of bounce to just lift it and move it a foot or two to the bed of the cart. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login