Go Bottom Go Bottom

Yanmar YM 165D implements

View my Photos
ppartlo
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-08-27          31309

I own a 165D with just over 200 hours on it and it is in great shape. Accessories that were included when I purchased included a rototiller/cultivator and a front blade with hydraulic up/down and angle controls. Two questions. Where would be the best sources for implements for this tractor in Western Canada (Alberta)? Specifically, a snow blower, rear blade and possibly a loader.Second, if implements are not readily available, could someone comment on the value of this type of tractor if I am looking to move to a more modern tractor.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Roger L.

2001-09-01          31495

I don't know where the best source is in Canada. The YM165D has a standard category 1 3pt hitch with a standard PTO and built in overrunning clutch. Any rear implement that fits any modern compact will connect up and work fine. The 165 was the improved model of the venerable YM155D - it would be hard to imagine a more bullet proof little tractor. Parts are well supported. The best improvements you can make would be to replace the garden tractor size battery with a small automotive 12 volt and put in a block heater if it doesn't have one. Many manufacturers make a small loader that would work well with it, although I don't have any specific recommendation. Ask around. I've had a YM165D for 20 years with no problems or repairs. There are Yanmar owners groups on the web. Congratulations on a nice little tractor. ....

View my Photos
ppartlo

2001-09-01          31499

Thanks for the feedback. It is a bullet proof little tractor and both the battery and block heater upgrades are done. As long as it's plugged in, that tractor starts up in any weather! ....

View my Photos
ronwest

2009-09-21          165821

Hello,
Can you tell me what a block heater upgrade is? I am in NC with little 165D and know nothing about it. ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-09-21          165825

It is an electric heater that may replaced a freeze plug or inserted in the lower radiator hose or magnetic one to stick on to the block or oil pan or such to help warm the engine for starting in cold weather. They often heat the coolant or engine oil.

Ever noticed a 110 volt plug on the front end of a diesel from up North? ....

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-09-21          165828

A blower and rear blade can be obtained anywhere and connect easily. A front loader should be right for the tractor and installed professionally. Yours is a bit small for one, and it would be a shame to disconnect that custom front blade-mount.

Value? If the hour-reading is correct, it would be like someone finding a 1985 Toyota with only 15,000 miles on it. With the attachments, and a history of proper maintenance and storage, could be worth $5-7.5k, or twice the value of a similar one that had more typical use. ....

View my Photos
thegogetter

2017-04-10          196487

Hi Roger, can you please tell me what battery you are using in the 165d? I have the standard garden mower battery and its shot after not using it all of last year. Have to buy a new battery anyway so I'd like to upgrade it if at all possible. I read on one of your posts that you recommend that and the block heater which it already has.

thanks again! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login