Go Bottom Go Bottom

Deal or No Deal

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-11-30          148875

I've been looking around for a deal on a landscape rake for years. TSC has a 6' rake with wheels for $592.00 +tax, but will sell one for $500.00 because it is rusty. I was thinking like a 7'. Their price is $467.0 + $80.00 for wheels.

I stumbled across a used York rake that is 6' and has wheels in the middle rather than on the outside and also has a blade that flips down for grading. It's kinda rusty and the guy wants $600.00.

I won't use it allot but mainly wish to do light duty raking and possibly rake up loose stones in my garden. They keep coming to the top raising Hxll with my tiller. There are too many to pickup by hand.

Most used Leinbach's and Landprides have been more than the TSC KingCutter brands that are new.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Deal or No Deal

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-11-30          148877

First off, I would always recommend a used 'brand name' over a new private label product, IMHO the quality of a used quality product outshines the 'new' other product.

From a use point of view, the wheels in the center are a more useful feature for traditional rake jobs like tending a driveway or lane, the center wheels allow the rake to be pitched side to side to allow for bringing material up from the shoulder or for building up a crown.

The little flip down blade is handy for moving larger amounts of material without having to swap implements.

Best of luck. ....

Deal or No Deal

View my Photos
auerbach

2007-11-30          148879

The flatter the land, then the wider the rake the more efficient. Conversely, the more little hills and gulleys, the better a narrower one will get most of the stones.

Re where to buy, I'd look for used because they last except for the odd tooth. If new, ask about replacement teeth.

Check it's configured for pickup of your size stones. ....

Deal or No Deal

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-11-30          148880

I haven't had the need for wheels on my 6' rakes. I bought then TSC rake---a piece of crap and the frame bent the first time used. The LandPride I bought used in very good condition for a song--an ATV disc, 6' scraper, 6' rake all for $200. The LP stuff is worh the money---however I won't pay any more than 50-60% of new for anything used, which is a general rule-of-thumb in my area. I'd check out what the LP goes for and make an offer. I get guys calling me about stuff for sale I have in the paper. First time they see it in person they want to give me pennies on the dollar---so that can fill up a shipping container and sell it over seas. I tell them to get the -----, errrr...have a nice day! ....

Deal or No Deal

View my Photos
Murf

2007-11-30          148881

EW, mostly just to beat to Kenneth to the punch, but also because the curiosity has me.....

"....an ATV disc, 5' scraper, 6" rake all for $200."

Just how many times do you have to go over the ATV before the disc has it in small enough pieces? ;)

But I'm jiss' askin's all......

Best of luck. ....

Deal or No Deal

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-11-30          148884

I get it but I don't think Kenny would have been fast enough to catch up.

Anywho...I sold the disk-made-for-pulling-by-an-ATV for $250, the scraper for $400. ....

Deal or No Deal

View my Photos
mobilus

2007-11-30          148886

Good one, Murf.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login