Go Bottom Go Bottom

Boom versus Boomless Sprayers

View my Photos
jonathanengr
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-09-11          135067

I do some light spraying (fertilizer, herbicide, etc) on areas around my home and property, and wanted to see if anyone had a preference on boom or boomless sprayers. I have no experience with either, but wanted to get a few opinions. Obviously, boomless has the advantage of not bending/breaking the booms, but is it as accurate as a boom sprayer? If not, how much less optimized is its spray pattern? Thanks!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-09-11          135075

Long time no see, welcome back to the fold!!

We use boomless sprayers commercially with no problems.

The big bonus is the versatility you get, trees are not an issue, and they seem to give much more even coverage on uneven terrain.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
jonathanengr

2006-09-11          135076

Thanks, Murf! Good to be back. I've been so busy I just have been able to find time to get back on the boards. It's too easy to let time slip away! ....

View my Photos
botics
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-07-13          143678

If it is a small piece of property with trees the boom can sometimes get in the way. I use a boomless sprayer with a spraygun for round up, fungus, inscect, etc.

I dont miss the boom at all. ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-07-13          143682

Johnathanengr,

A boom sprayer is much preferred when the chemicals being applied might harm, or kill, any plants that aren't being targeted.

For example, I use a boom sprayer only when the air is dead calm, and I want to kill weeds next to my garden area. If there is any threat of herbicides drifting into the garden, I make sure the breeze is blowing away from the garden.

The nozzles on the boom sprayer direct the chemicals directly where they needed, with little threat of harming other nearby vegetation.......so long as there is no wind present when spraying.

If there is no threat of harming any other vegetation, a boom sprayer isn't needed.....as would be the case when spraying for broad-leaf weeds on a baseball field, or in a pasture.

Joel ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login