Go Bottom Go Bottom

Question for kwschumm

View my Photos
Mike1819
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-10          100175

I see you have a Borgford BoDozer grapple. How do you like it and how well does it work? What size do you have and what is the largest item you have picked up with it?

Where id you get yours and after using it, would you buy one again?

Thanks for your help - Mike

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Question for kwschumm

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-11          100202

I use the BoDozer grapple as much as my bucket and wouldn't be without it. It is extremely well built and I have no complaints whatsoever. Mine is the BG-5 five footer. It weighs about 600 lbs so it cuts down on lift capacity a bit but for my uses it's never been an issue. Remember that it replaces the bucket so if the bucket weighs 250 lbs the net loss of lift capacity is 350 lbs. I use it mostly for picking up slash from our tree farm operation and moving it to the chipper. It can pick up a big bite of slash, but slash is bulky and not terribly heavy. I've used it to pick up and move rocks up to maybe 10-12 cubic feet in size and that worked fine. I bought mine as part of the tractor package from the local JD dealer although I know Borgford sells direct. ....

Question for kwschumm

View my Photos
Mike1819

2004-11-11          100230

Thanks for the reply!
I've been debating between a grapple blade and a 4 in 1 bucket. Mostly want to pick tree limbs, brush and some trees.
I guess a 5 footer would probably do as well as a 6 footer on a 460 loader.
I guess I wanted someone who has used one to tell me they are worth the price. ....

Question for kwschumm

View my Photos
mtnhome
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-09-02          145302

I have several implements from Borgford Design and Manufacturing, and I wouldn't do any work without them. Yes they are deffinatly worth the extra cost. I have worked with mine for over 12 years and never have I had a problem. Are you still interested in them? I see this posting is several years ago, but I thought you may still need some info. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login