Go Bottom Go Bottom

having problem New Holland Tc29

View my Photos
deattris1985
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-05-23          178581

I've changed the fuel solenoid but the injector pump is receiving fuel. I just cant seem to get the fuel to the injectors. May i have some help?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-06-01          178741

First welcome neighbor.

May I ask a few questions? First brand of tractor? Was it running and stopped? Running rough (skipping or such) or what made you check the fuel system? (It maybe you have
posted that earlier and I missed it.)

To begin with how far in the fuel system are you 100% there is fuel? Are you sure it is reaching the injector pump and then not the injectors is the way I want to read it but that is not stated. If you are not sure there is a free flow of fuel to the injector pump would first do that. If you don't have a free flow then don't over look anything from trash in fuel tank, clooged filter or line.

Okay when I hit reply and the title popped up knew the brand of Tractor. Another question, you have tried bleeding the fuel system, correct? ....

View my Photos
deattris1985

2011-06-01          178753

Hi and thank you for the welcome. New holland TC29 and yes it was running. What happened was the motor ran hot. So I had to replace the head gasket in it. Then once I Got everything back together. I went to bleed the fuel lines and I am getting fuel to the bleeder screw on the pump but not up to the lines. I've checked to see if it had fuel and it did. So Since the pump is built into the block I took the pump off to see if something was broke or stopped up. I blew everything out before I put the pump head back in. I am still not getting any fuel to the injectors. Do you think I need to pull the front timing cover off to see if the spring to the shutoff is broken?

Thank you ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-06-02          178773

Fuel to the pump is one thing, getting it to the injectors is another battle.

Some tractors this isn't much of a problem, some are a bear. The big issue is that a starter only cranks the engine over barely fast enough to start it at the best of times.

There are two solutions;

One is to just barely crack the lines open, one injector at a time, right here they go into the injector. It's messy, time consuming and a little dangerous, the fuel is under tremendous pressure.

The second, and IMHO the way to start is to get the tractor to light up using WD-40 (NOT ether or 'quick-start'!!) down the intake and the engine running will pretty quickly blow the air out of the lines for you.

Best of luck.

View my Photos
earthwrks

2011-06-02          178775

Crack open one or two injector supply lines at the injector, crank for about 5 minutes and it should start. I've had to do this more times than I will admit on my 33D ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2011-06-02          178776

Oh yeah, it will puff white smoke then black and finally start. Shut it off and close the supply lines. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2011-06-02          178779

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthwrks | view 178775
Crack open one or two injector supply lines at the injector, crank for about 5 minutes and it should start. I've had to do this more times than I will admit on my 33D

Jeff, 15 seconds of the engine running will do more than that 5 minutes of cranking will.

That's why I suggested starting it, and keeping it running on WD-40 until the air had blown through.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2011-06-02          178781

Just never heard of that. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2011-06-03          178788

Murf, a few years back my brother called me to help crank an old gas tractor. Got any starting fluid, no. How about WD 40, HUH? Amazed him.

Does the tractor not have a hand pump for bleeding? That to me is also better than using the starter and if manual transmission there is also the pulling to crank method but if no hand pump would use Murf's recommendation. Much easier if you have someone to spray and someone to crank at same time. Might have to take air filter out, but I have also not had to. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2011-06-03          178797

Jeff, today wasn't a waste, you learned something!

Kenny, some of the older tractors had 'primer' pumps on the fuel pump but I doubt they make enough pressure to blow air past the injectors.

They were really only meant to make up for leaky injectors and maybe speed up cold weather starting a little.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2011-06-03          178799

Murf, you are right on the pump. It is only designed to get fluid to the pump itself, right?

View my Photos
earthwrks

2011-06-04          178830

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf | view 178797
Jeff, today wasn't a waste, you learned something!Kenny, some of the older tractors had 'primer' pumps on the fuel pump but I doubt they make enough pressure to blow air past the injectors.They were really only meant to make up for leaky injectors and maybe speed up cold weather starting a little.Best of luck.

I think Kenny's referrin' to the finger primer which this doesn't have. My NH skid steer has one, but it is so hard to get to I just crank the engine. But will try WD-40.

Trivia: WD-40 got its name by the inventor for being the 40th formula for Water Displacing fluid. ....

View my Photos
blk_n_gold

2019-07-16          198610

Help

I have a similar issues with my TC33D. it was left running when I came back it was stopped.
It won't start. I have fuel to the pump but nothing coming out. I have all three lines after the pump open but nothing is coming out. . ....

View my Photos
Murf

2019-07-16          198611

We need a little more info to be of much help, but to start, do you know WHY it stopped running?

Did it run out of fuel? Did the fuel shut-off relay give up?

But taking a WAG, just because you have fuel at the pump but not the injectors (yet) does NOT mean there’s a problem. The pump output is very tiny and if there’s air in the lines it will take a LONG time to overcome that by just cranking.

Did you try the above idea of getting it running on WD-40 to blow the lines clear?

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
blk_n_gold

2019-07-16          198612

TC33D
I don't know why it stopped running. I left it idling when in the house and when I came out it was stopped. I have just purchased this tractor but had a 1320 for years so have some comfort with the tractor. I added new fuel. I am not sure it the fuel gauge is working.
I did check the fuel cut off solenoid and it is working fine.
I have the lines open at the outlet of the pump not on top of the engine.
I did not try the WD-40 but I can later tonight. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2019-07-16          198614

We need a little more info to be of much help, but to start, do you know WHY it stopped running?

Did it run out of fuel? Did the fuel shut-off relay give up?

But taking a WAG, just because you have fuel at the pump but not the injectors (yet) does NOT mean there’s a problem. The pump output is very tiny and if there’s air in the lines it will take a LONG time to overcome that by just cranking.

Did you try the above idea of getting it running on WD-40 to blow the lines clear?

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
jcayer

2022-01-07          200838

Today you saved me a great deal of trouble. I ran my tractor out of fuel while plowing our mountain road and was stuck at the precise place that blocked us in. Your advice about WD40 to restart was spot-on and the tractor fired up and began to run on diesel after about a minute of two-hand-two-can WD40 spray. THANK YOU. BTW, once done plowing, I was able to help a woman get her truck out of a snow pile, so your help was double-good. Again, thanks, and cheers! ....

View my Photos
Murf

2022-01-10          200842

Welcome to our group and so glad I could be of assistance.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login