Go Bottom Go Bottom

installing new sediment bowl assembly

View my Photos
bearlythere
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-05-15          142118

I drained tank, removed old sediment bowl assembly, installed new assembly, connected lines, filled tank with new fuel, opened valve and let fuel through bowl.....got tractor started, but i see air bubbles gurgling in bowl and tractor hasn't got the power it did before. I have bled fuel pump, injector lines over and over, but cant seem to get rid of the air i see in bowl...any ideas????

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-05-15          142121

You have an air leak in the fuel line somewhere between the tank and the bowl, the suction is pulling in air instead of fuel.

Did you check all the obvious, like the fuel shut off at the tank bottom is fully open also?

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
bearlythere

2007-05-15          142122

sediment bowl assembly on my rhino 344 screws right into bottom of tank and i would think that if air was getting in there, fuel would also leak, all dry
i'm wondering if air trapped inside mesh cone filter which went into bottom of tank dry, just cant get out ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-05-15          142125

Under the heading of been there and done that...there was a reason you did replaced the filter. Are you sure your tank was clean when you finished draining it? Are you sure your fuel tank vent is not clogged so air can get into the tank? Was the "new" fuel new from station or just new to the tractor? You are sure those bubbles are air and not water or some other liquid. kt ....

View my Photos
bearlythere

2007-05-15          142128

Hey, thanks for the interest. I had to replace fuel line from sediment bowl to pump and from pump to fuel filter, so, since tractor had always leaked around threaded connection between sediment bowl and tank, i replaced entire sediment assembly also, figuring, no better time since i was going to get air in system anyway. Tractor had plenty of power before any of this was done. new fuel was put in tank from station, and no, i'm not altogether sure that it is air i see, i guess it could be moisture i suppose. It is better today after i let it run a while and added fuel treatment. ....

View my Photos
bearlythere

2007-05-15          142129

Isn't it true that as long as the tractor is running, it should purge remaining air itself after a while.....or is it just wishful thinking

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login