Go Bottom Go Bottom

Help on Tractor not charging

View my Photos
Tom McCaffrey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-12-04          120387

I am an owner of a Kubota L2950 tractor with about 1500 hours. I notice using it today that the charging idiots lights were on. I checked and the belt was on the altenator. I was looking for the voltage regulator but was unable to find it. Does anybody know what the problem is?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Iowafun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-12-06          120504

Ok, I'm not a mechanic, but what I've done in the past is measure the voltage across the battery terminals when not running. Then do it again with the engine running. The voltage should be higher when running. If not, then it could be the alternator. I'm not sure how to check those. ....

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-12-06          120514

Most systems now have the regulator built into the alternator. Have you checked the fuses, wires and ground for the alternator? ....

View my Photos
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-12-19          121386

Tom
It sounds like your voltage regulator - I have a B2400
Kubota and mine was under the panel under the steering wheel. One nut held it on and it clamped to the wireing
harness. Very easy to change once you find it. Had the exact same thing happen to me. Checked everything else and
finally found and took it off and it was 'burned' out.
Replaced (about $70) and that was it.
doc ....

View my Photos
oneace

2005-12-20          121441

Check you voltage at the battery while the engine is running. Should be between 13.7 and 14.3 VDC. If not check the voltage at the alt. it self. If you have good voltage there then you have a regulator problem if not you have an alt problem. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login