Go Bottom Go Bottom

Overflow Tube on NH TC33D

View my Photos
pkzochow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-03-09          107689

Can someone tell me what the black tube is for that is connected toward the top of the engine on my TC33D. It is connected not too far down from the oil fill cap. It empties under the engine right next to the oil pan and the drain tube for the Diesel overflow. I am hoping that I don't have a problem but while under the tractor today I noticed a little antifreeze at the opening of this tube. Everything runs fine and this would never be noticed if I wasn't under there looking.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
treeman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-03-09          107700

It's the crankcase breather hose. It vents the crankcase to the atmosphere. If you had coolant coming out of it...check your oil. Is it all gray-brown and foamy? If so, you have coolant in your oil. If your oil looks good, clean that hose off and keep an eye on it. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-03-10          107751

Might even want to zip-tie or rubber band a small piece of a sandwich bag on the end of the tube to catch any fluid. Just be sure it can vent or you'll have a balloon. Seems like a had a similr problem with leaking cooland but mine was coming from a loose hose clamp.

Hey, since you have the hood up might as well check the rubber elbows that connect the steel lines to hyd. cooler. Look for splits in the rubber. Mine had a split about every 1/16" or so (at less than 200 hrs). NH had (has?) problems with them. And they aren't that expensive--about $5 each. ....

View my Photos
pkzochow

2005-03-10          107760

Well, not exactly sure where the antifreeze is coming from, the oil looked fine when I changed it and sine there has been no more antifreeze on the tube. I am going to do a compression test to see if there is a leak to make sure I don't have a problem. As long as I was changing the engine oil I changed all the filers on the tractor, along with all the fluids, everything seams to be fine. A little too late on the rubber elbows, one of them blew out last summer and had to replace it. One problem I still have with those is that I can never get the clamps tight enough, seams like no matter how tight they are they still seep a little hydro fluid. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2005-03-11          107768

Funny you mention the new ones leak--so do mine. I'm afraid if I tighten the clamp too much the clamp will split. I have a hunch there might be tooling marks/grooves inside the rubber from when they were made causing the problem. I found the rubber line at the hydraulic pump really leaking too--and it was the clamp. I had a coolant clamp leaking on my 2003 NH skid steer too. Lost nearly all the fluid in the overflow reservoir twice before I traced it to that. ....

View my Photos
pkzochow

2005-03-12          107843

After checking over all the connections for the antifreeze, I found a the tube coming from the right side of the engine that goes to the drain valve was not tight enough. It just so happens that this tube touches the vent tube for the engine so when this antifreeze tube leaked it ran down the vent tube. I sure am glad it wasn't something major with the engine. Thanks for those that gave suggestions. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login