Go Bottom Go Bottom

Guiness World Record plowing

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-02          67863

I came across this on another site. Just have to get past the French thing if it is a problem. ;-) Not sure if this record still stands or not (kinda old) but the video was neat.

In a cooperative effort with Case IH, the plow company Besson plows has broken the 24 hours world record at 516 acres (about 209 hectares) in 24 hours with a 17 bottoms roll-over plow (30' wide) and a Steiger QuadTrac.

Link:   World Record Plow Attempt

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-03          67875

Love them Quad Trac's, some day I might find a customer ready for one on his 500 acre farm. They did just introduce a 500 horsepower version. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-11-03          67883

Yeah, that Quad Trac was way kewl! I can imagine the amount of power required to pull that row of plows! I thought the refuel operations were pretty cool too. I wonder what will be the next record. That record is about 3 years old now. I also noticed the soil was very soft. No way they would have plowed the soil around my parts that easy! ;-) More rock than soil. ....

View my Photos
getrdun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-11-03          67884

Chief, That is quite a accomplishment considering 27 cm is almost 11" deep. I think someone must have been in the injection pump on that big Case IH . Had to have been a huge, long field.
I remember as a kid we farmed apx. 1400 acres with a JD4020 with 5-16's an a JD2020 which pulled 3-16's an we litterally plowed for weeks. That rig could have done it all in about 3 days , amazing. Now days here in Missouri anyway the only time we use a mowboard plow is to plow terraces. Any more they hardly bring scrap price at auctions. Farming has sure changed in the last 10-15 years.
I recall seeing a show that featured a extremely large one of a kind tractor that they were useing in , I believe Montana. This thing made the comercial 4x4 look like tonka toys I'll search for a web site. Getrdun

Found it www.bigbud.com click on 16v-747 900hp. 1000 gallon fuel cap. ...... One huge hunk of iron!!!! ....

Link:   Big Bud Link

View my Photos
Chief

2003-11-03          67887

Oh yeah! Time for a "Tim the Toolman Taylor" grunt! ;-) ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-11-03          67889

The EPA did those Detroit diesels in. They do have their own distinct sound. The current JD, Case and Agco models are about $250,000.00 nicely equipped. It would be interesting to see the use they get put to in order to justify the huge cost. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-11-03          67912

Chief if they are on wheel s they are a bit cheaper. The quad trac feature adds about 30,000 to the price of a normal articulate and that is an exclusive to the Case-IH line. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login