Go Bottom Go Bottom

Erik Shatzer Bloomberg why TV when he seems so smart

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-05-09          186888

I like to watch Erik Shatzer on Bloomberg and he really seems to know the investment world. But I was wondering what drives him to put so many hours into being on TV when with his investment knowledge he should be able to make much more money? I guess it it is the same thing that drives celebrities to go on even after they have millions, they must love what they do ....:)

Erik Schatzker
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Erik Schatzker
Born 1970
Canada
Occupation journalist, news anchor, editor
Title Anchor, Editor-at-large, Bloomberg Television
Erik Schatzker(born 1970) is a Canadian anchor and editor-at-large at Bloomberg Television[1] and the host of the early-morning newscast "InsideTrack," a program about investing which is directed toward an audience in United States.
Schatzker has 15 years of experience covering investing and the economy and ran Bloomberg's coverage of financial services in the Americas prior to joining Bloomberg Television.
Erik earned a bachelor's degree in history from the University of Toronto. He lives in Brooklyn with his wife and two daughters.
[edit]Career

Schatzker began at Bloomberg as bureau chief in Toronto for Bloomberg's Canadian news coverage. In 1998, he moved to Bloomberg's New York Headquarters to work as a features writer, editor, manager and reporter. Previously, he worked for Knight-Ridder Financial/Bridge News.
In 2007, Schatzker started his work in Bloomberg Television, where he remains today.[2]
Schatzker has interviewed a number of high-profile guests including hedge fund legend George Soros, Wells Fargo Chairman Richard Kovacevich and former Bear Stearns CEO Alan "Ace" Greenberg. In March 2009, Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein agreed to do his first-ever TV interview with Erik, following a meeting with President Barack Obama. Schatzker has also represented Bloomberg Television at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-05-09          186891

Is he selling a book? ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-05-10          186897

Not sure about the book, but he has a degree in journalism.

I have come across many very bright people, for example in the information technology profession. I usually ask them have they ever come up with any interesting use of what they know to start their own business. They almost always reply that no they have not! They are just a worker bee and have not applied any energy to applying what they know other than what someone else asks them to do!

My daughter is taking a Psychology test today and she is going to write an essay on Milgram's obedience experiment. I guess we are prone to following orders and it is no wonder creative people are so highly compensated.

"Ordinary people, simply doing their jobs, and without any particular hostility on their part, can become agents in a terrible destructive process. Moreover, even when the destructive effects of their work become patently clear, and they are asked to carry out actions incompatible with fundamental standards of morality, relatively few people have the resources needed to resist authority" (Milgram, 1974). ....

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-05-10          186900

People are easily led.
For example my own Father, RIP, was taken on a scam sending money to unheard of east coast missions to feed and cloth the poor. This was after my Mother had died, these people once they know they have a live one would call and talk with Dad for an hour or more almost every evening. Dad was of course lonely after Mom had died so he was caught up with a seemingly friendly voice that would listen and pass the time a bit for him. Thankfully I discovered what was going on before it got really out of hand and convinced him to put his checkbook away and hang up.
On this mornings local TV news a lady has lost 70K to some foreign lottery scheme before she or someone in her family caught on and contacted the police and got it stopped, but the 70K is gone.
A lot of the "Super Smart People" who offer to sell you a book on how they bacame rich I think is nothing more than them becoming rich selling you a book.

Frank. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2013-05-10          186903

Some start out just crooked and some slid there but either way there are many. Have a few friends who have lost many hundreds of thousands with people they trusted yet had they just obeyed the simple if it is too good to be true.

I learned years ago if there are say five companies say bidding on a job or promising rate or return or what ever, and one is way low if bid price or rate of return is much higher than it is either they know something the other guys don't and is super smart of they don't know something the others do and is ignorant or they are dishonest. Two of the three is bad for me. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login