Go Bottom Go Bottom

Same Tractor Quality

View my Photos
flfarm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-09-10          96131

Does anyone have any personal experience with Same Tractors? How would you rank their quality as compared to the other top 5 or 6 manufacturers? I am looking in the 50 or 60 hp range for mowing 15 slightly hilly acres (want wide mower), post hole digging, road and manure maintenance.
thanks!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Same Tractor Quality

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-09-10          96134

There's hilly acreage in Florida?

Same is a very old, well respected Italian tractor manufacturer.

I would suggest though for what you are looking at doing you might want to look at a Japanese tractor, they seem to stand up high ambient temperatures pretty well, and parts & service will likely be easier to find.

Best of luck. ....

Same Tractor Quality

View my Photos
flfarm

2004-09-10          96167

thanks -
you know, everything is relative but there is a ridge that runs across FL that is pretty high and slightly hilly. (if it snowed here, would make a good beginner ski slope!) You have to look pretty hard to find that land though!

Is operating in high temperatures a common problem for tractors? That is not something I had thought about. Does Same not have as good as a reputation in these conditions? By Japanese tractor - does that mean Kubota?
thanks again ....

Same Tractor Quality

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-09-10          96170

I wouldn't say high temp's are a problem, per se, but any time you make an 'infernal' combustion engine work in the heat it's a consideration.

Kubota is just one of them, but probably the best known and most popular, a lot of the smaller 'domestic' (JD, NH, etc.) tractors are actually Japanese tractors re-branded.

Do you have a particular reason for looking at a 50-60hp machine, thats' relatively speaking, a pretty big tractor, you can do an impressive amount of work, including cutting with 30'ish hp.

Best of luck. ....

Same Tractor Quality

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-09-10          96174

I read that the highest point in Florida is 350 feet above sea level, so there must be a hill or a sand dune somewhere. ....

Same Tractor Quality

View my Photos
Lenarguy

2004-09-10          96182

I do not have personal experience with Same, but I test drove one and was impressed. It had a load of features on it that usually cost extra. Same has used electronics years before it became prominent in the US. Same is a large company that makes Deutz Fahr, Lamborghini, etc. What bothered me with it was the support in the US, I know that they have an office in the Georgia, but that is all I know. I would be concerned about parts support, most people would be concerned with dealer and parts support. Do you have a dealer in your area? ....

Same Tractor Quality

View my Photos
beagle

2004-09-10          96190

Check out the carrawaytractor website. They have a decent page on Same Tractors. It's pretty interesting. ....

Same Tractor Quality

View my Photos
flfarm

2004-09-15          96540

I am at the beginning of my tractor search and have everything to learn. It has been 20 years since I spent any real time using one and my memory doesn't last that long! (other than my occasion recent manure spreading on a '51 Ford....) It was suggested to me that if I want to not spend all of my time mowing, I should get around a 72" mower and would need the larger tractor to get through the Bahia in decent time. Now, I may hear something different at the next place. A couple of growers at the Same dealership were pretty high on those tractors and said you get a lot for your money. I will take a GPS out to the "hills" next time to get a high and a low point but do suspect that it is in the 300+ over sea level as someone mentioned. I will go lurk on the "What size" forum as well. Do you think it is overkill?
thanks again! ....

Same Tractor Quality

View my Photos
farmallihc

2005-01-28          105106

I owned 2 same tractors 1Drago 125 hp and a Solar 60 hp they are excellent tractors ran the drago in 98 deg. temp very hard checd the engine temp with heat gun highest temp on engine was140 saw many same's in AZ when I was there. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login