Go Bottom Go Bottom

jinma tractor for small acreage

View my Photos
way2slo
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-02-05          176711

I recently saw a jinma tractor at an agricultural show and it was described as" 60s technology for today" so pretty much any one can service it. I have a small acreage,would like to use it for gardening, pasture maintenance ets. We do not have a lot of mechanical expertise, so are looking for a small tractor with minimal maintenance requirements (I would like a "girl tractor", my other half wants some thing that can do real work).The neighbours-always soources of information -solicited or not- have said dont buy a Chinese tractor. Does anyone have experience with this brand? What is your experience with maintenance/ ease of use etc?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-02-05          176713

Lots of current and former Jinma owners here. No way to answer your question without knowing
(a) what size acreage
(b) what type tractor work
(c) what size Jinma (horsepower)
(d) 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive
(e) what type tires (agricultural or turf)

//greg// ....

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-02-06          176717

"60s technology for today" could be funny in an unintended way. Unlike Greg I have no experience but the impression that Chinese tractors are strong, simple, inexpensive, and, well, 60s technology.

The most work a tractor can do is to tow something, or keep the sun off if you lie under it. The work is done by attachments, one reason for the question of intended use.

Any tractor will need support (parts, service, information), and Canadian Tire won't help. So more important than the brand is a nearby dealer who will provide good support during and beyond the warranty period. ....

View my Photos
way2slo

2011-02-06          176721

The tractor we were looking at was a small (20hp?) 4wd diesel with a front bucket and a small digger attachment at the back. We would need to purchase a mower as well. We have 4 acres of pasture, need to do some ditching as well as berming of the property. At some time would like a rototiller attachment as well.We are looking for reliability without breaking the bank, and this brand seems to be less expensive than some of the others. ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2011-02-06          176723

I'd say 20hp and 4wd should be sufficient for light to medium duty on 4 acres. I originally bought a 25hp 4wd Jinma, but soon realized it was not enough tractor to handle what needed doing on my 30 acres of wooded hillside and pasture. I had to move all the way up to 45hp before I was satisfied. Also - if you've any intention at all of using ground engaging implements - avoid the temptation to buy turf tires.

Consider also a shed or structure large enough to park it when idle, and comfortable enough for scheduled and demand maintenance/spare parts/tools. These uncomplicated machines are comparatively simple to fix. But if you institute a competent preventative maintenance schedule, you might catch most problems before they actually DO break. And parking under shelter is recommended, due to the cheap quality of the electrical system and operator seat.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
JLance

2011-04-27          178188

Hello. I am looking for a used Jinma tractor (in addition bo my belarus one), as the one that I have is not enough anymore. I need to work more efficient, and my father wants to help. So I am looking for another machine, and I'd be very grateful for any information where to look for it. Anyone knows this dealer which i written below? Thanks ....

Link:   Jinma tractors

View my Photos
greg_g

2011-04-27          178189

That's not a dealer website. And if you note, they're not listing any for sale in the US anyway. But if that's the way you want to shop for a tractor, the link below has a far far larger selection

//greg// ....

Link:   Click here

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login