Go Bottom Go Bottom

hydraulic pump

View my Photos
superbigdave
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-01-01          176106

I got a 1996 New Holland 6610 tractor with a 7210 loader with bucket. To raise the loader up I got to raise the motor up as high it go to raise it up. It still raise up not to fast. It was doing that when I brought it. The hydraulic fluid look like it had water in it. I drain the hydraulic fluid, clean the strainer on the pump (it was real dirty) & put a new filter on it. I put hydraulic fluid 134A. It didn't help. I think the pump might be bad. I cannot find no serial numbers on the tractor or pump no where. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks you.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

hydraulic pump

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-01-01          176112

Superbigdave,

Don't get too worried about the pump being bad, at least not just yet.

Before you go and pull the pump off, I suggest that you hook up an implement to the rear remotes. (I assume you have rear hydraulic outlets.)

If your rear remote outlets work OK, your pump is just fne. I think you may want to investigate to see if somebody hasn't installed a restrictor orifice in your front loader circuit. This is done on many hydraulic circuits, so as to prevent rapid movement on the cylinders, allowing for fine adjustments.

Stop in again if you have any questions.

Joel ....

hydraulic pump

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-01-01          176117

Superbigdave,

I just made a visit to Tractordata.com

The Ford-New Holland 6610 was originally equipped with three different loaders, depending on how the tractor was ordered.

The two-wheel drive model came with the 777B loader.
The quick attach loader was the 777D model.
If you have a 4x4 tractor, you should have the 777F model loader installed.

Other loaders will obviously fit. However, the lift cylinders may be much bigger. Time to full lift height could vary greatly between loader models.

The 777 model loaders have a full lift height time of between 7.5 seconds to almost 10 seconds.....depending on the model designation.

If you're interested, here's a link to the Ford New Holland data pages.

Hope that helps.

Joel ....

Link:   TractorData Ford New Holland 6610

hydraulic pump

View my Photos
superbigdave

2011-01-02          176132

The 7210 loader is plug in to the rear remotes. Could it be the wrong loader for that tractor? Any suggestion? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you. ....

hydraulic pump

View my Photos
superbigdave

2011-01-02          176133

Where on the hydraulic will the restrictor orifice be located & what will it look like? Thank you. ....

hydraulic pump

View my Photos
candoarms

2011-01-02          176134

Superbigdave,

If you have a restrictor orifice in the hydraulic circuit, it will likely be installed near the hydraulic fitting that plugs into the rear remote.

You'll be looking for something similar to the pictures shown at the link below. See the opening post at the discussion link I posted.

Most restrictor orifices are labeled......or stamped. You should be able to find the restrictor orifice dimensions stamped into the fitting. However, as this fella reports, no such information was imprinted on his fitting.

If you don't find a restrictor in your circuit, take a measurement of the diameter and length of your loader lift cylinder. Compare that to the measurements of the lift cylinder on the 777 loader. If your cylinder is longer, or has a larger diameter...or both.....the lift time will increase significantly.

I'd like to know how long it's taking for your loader to raise to full height. If you're near the tractor, take a few seconds to record the lift time for me the next time you're out working with it.

Joel ....

Link:   Hydraulic Restrictor Orifice

hydraulic pump

View my Photos
leejohn

2011-01-03          176149

You could have a relief valve part way open or bad. Run the cyls. all the way out and put into full relief see if it well clean it and make sure you hear it go into relief. Pump should load and engine speed may drop a little.
Could have a pin hole in the pump intake hose and sucking air.
Check all fittings make sure the holes in each one is big enough.
Maybe later you can get it plumped right and not use the remotes for your in and out on the loader valve.
If all this is OK then I would check pump flow. ....

hydraulic pump

View my Photos
superbigdave

2011-01-03          176169

I think I don't have a restrictor orifice on it. The measurement on the loader cylinder is 40 1/2" long, 2 1/2" in diameter. The ram is 1 1/2". Fully extract it 73". It take 42 sec. to raise it at low idler. At high idler it take 26 sec. The cylinder on the bucket is 29" long, 3 1/4" in diameter. The ram is 1 1/2" in diameter. It take 21 sec. from all the way over to all the way the other way at low. It take 14 sec. at high idler. ....

hydraulic pump

View my Photos
candoarms

2011-01-03          176171

Superbigdave,

Thanks for the additional info.

Holy smokes, Man! 26 seconds at high rpm? No wonder you're having fits with this thing.

You may have hydraulic hoses that are sized way too small to handle that amount of fluid flow. You should have nothing smaller than 1/2" hoses for a short run. Since your loader is quite a distance away, you may even need the larger 5/8" hose.

If the hoses are properly sized, the next thing you should do is install a flow meter in the rear remote outlet. You may be able to rent one, or borrow one, from a local tractor mechanic.

Plug the flow meter into the rear remote outlets, then rev the engine up and open the valve. Your 6610 is supposed to put out about 9.7 gallons per minute at high rpm.

If you find that your tractor isn't putting out anything close to 9.7 gallons per minute, you may have a badly worn hydraulic pump.

If the flow is anywhere close to 9.7 gallons per minute, I'd be looking to trade your loader for the model 777 loader.......... the loader the 6610 was originally fitted with.

Joel ....

hydraulic pump

View my Photos
candoarms

2011-01-03          176172

Superbigdave,

Somebody here may correct me......but I figured the volume of your lift cylinders, combined, at about 1.5 gallons.

So even with the loader you have, the lift time should be right in the neighborhood of 10 seconds to full lift height when at high engine rpms.

Now I'm back to thinking that your hydraulic hoses are way too small......possibly undersized fittings.......or maybe a bad hydraulic pump.

Your current loader seems to be sized properly for your tractor.....unless my calculations were way off.

Joel ....

hydraulic pump

View my Photos
superbigdave

2011-01-10          176332

The hoses from the remotes are 3/4. The hoses on loader metal & rubber is 1/2'. The loader will not pick the front tires off the ground. If that help any. Thank you. ....

hydraulic pump

View my Photos
lee4519

2011-02-19          176911

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbigdave | view 176106
I got a 1996 New Holland 6610 tractor with a 7210 loader with bucket. To raise the loader up I got to raise the motor up as high it go to raise it up. It still raise up not to fast. It was doing that when I brought it. The hydraulic fluid look like it had water in it. I drain the hydraulic fluid, clean the strainer on the pump (it was real dirty) & put a new filter on it. I put hydraulic fluid 134A. It didn't help. I think the pump might be bad. I cannot find no serial numbers on the tractor or pump no where. Any help will beappreciated. Thanks you.
ican provide hydraulic pumps for most japanese tractors. tlw499@earthlink.net ....

hydraulic pump

View my Photos
greg_g

2011-02-19          176912

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbigdave | view 176106
I put hydraulic fluid 134A.
This is where I'm scratchin' my head. When I read 134A, I think refrigerant - not hydraulic fluid.

//greg// ....

hydraulic pump

View my Photos
strguy

2011-02-25          177026

I would suggest checking the lift capability of the loader at an idle vs the engine reved up. If it will pick up the same amount of weight at idle as full throttle, regardless of speed of lift, the pump is probably ok. Worn out pumps will not produce enough pressure at idle to function properly. If it does pick the same weight, look for restrictions somewhere. Hoses, wrong couplers, restrictors, etc. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login