Go Bottom Go Bottom

blue book for tractors

View my Photos
gbr
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-03-16          1760

Is there a pricing guide for used tractors? If so where can I find it?Thanks gbr

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

blue book for tractors

View my Photos
Peter

1999-03-16          1763

Used Tractor Price Guide, 1940-1998, the 1999 edition put out by Primedia Intertec, Box 12901 Overland Park KS 66282-2901. you can also get it from Amazon.com. Do you want it fro frequent reference or a specific make/model year? if the latter, what is it, and I'll look it up for you ....

blue book for tractors

View my Photos
ken

1999-03-16          1764

what about a 1986 ford 1210 with 60" mower deck, 900 hrs good condition. ....

blue book for tractors

View my Photos
Peter

1999-03-16          1768

For the 1210 2WD - fair condition:5,280; good: 5,670; Premium:6,280. For the 1210 4WD, 5,210, 5,590 and 6,210 respectively. Don't know why the 4WD isn't more valuable than a 2WD. As to accessories, the guide doesn't discuss them at all, so you'll have to do your own research on that. Hope this helps ....

blue book for tractors

View my Photos
George Paradis

1999-03-17          1772

Could you look up a perfect 4wd 1998 JD 4100 with 410 loader with only 4 hours.Thinking of it vs. a NEW JD 4100.--thanks, George ....

blue book for tractors

View my Photos

1999-03-17          1773

Peter,If you don't mind looking up the following I'd really appreciate it:1994 JD 955 MFWD with 70A loader, turf tires, 300 hours in good condition.Thanks in advance...Junior ....

blue book for tractors

View my Photos

1999-03-17          1776

peter thanks for the offer Could you look up a 1994 Kubota L4200 in good condition 1800 hrs 4x4, w/loaderThanks gbr ....

blue book for tractors

View my Photos
Peter

1999-03-17          1795

LOOK GUYS, I SHOULDA KNOWN WHAT KIND OF A PANDORA'S BOX I WAS OPENING WHEN I MADE THAT ONE OFFER TO THAT ONE GUY. SORRY TO BE A MEAN ASS AND ALL THAT, BUT IF YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW, DO WHAT I DID AND BUY THE BOOK. AFTER 4/8 I WON'T NEED IT ANY MORE, AND IF SOMEONE WANTS TO BUY IT FOR $15, LET ME KNOW. ....

blue book for tractors

View my Photos

1999-03-17          1797

thank you for the information peter, it helped alot ....

blue book for tractors

View my Photos
KenB

1999-03-19          1832

Get Intertec's Used Tractor Price Guide from Amazon for 13 bucks. -Ken ....

blue book for tractors

View my Photos

1999-03-22          1904

where does one get this Intertec Used tractor Price Guide? ....

blue book for tractors

View my Photos
Jay Barrett

1999-04-14          2838

Would someone please direct me to a source for a Blue Book on JD,Kubota tractors ....

blue book for tractors

View my Photos
don

1999-07-14          6000

There is a site online that charges I will post when I find it again ....

blue book for tractors

View my Photos
c j flicker

1999-09-20          8150

need value of 1988 ford 1210 compact. 1200 hrs. 3cld deisel. fair cond. ....

blue book for tractors

View my Photos
patricia Scroggins

1999-10-06          8579

International 354 ....

blue book for tractors

View my Photos
neil simpson

1999-11-10          9569

Dear Sirs,can you promptly tell me what a 1994 Kubota 2650 with bucket is worth. It has 4wheel drive and recently had a new head gasket put on. it has 890 hours.Your quick response is appreciated.Neil ....

blue book for tractors

View my Photos
Darrell W

2001-12-25          34040

I would like some info on a Kubota B6100 HST diesel compact.

current market value?

year made?

Horsepower?

Any other info you deem relevant?

Thanks ....

blue book for tractors

View my Photos
david c

2002-01-04          34275

retail on kubota L295DT 1968 mod thanks ....

blue book for tractors

View my Photos
Deana Brown

2002-01-05          34290

We have a Kubta L2550 4wd diesel tractor and am thinking about selling. It has a front end loader and an arp backhoe. We think it is a 1985 but not sure. Do you have any idea what would be a fair selling price? Thanks ....

blue book for tractors

View my Photos
Steve M.

2002-01-07          34348

I was wondering what a 1988 John Deers Lawn and Garden value is. The two models are 322 w/ 50" deck and 332 w/ 50" deck, if I could get these questions answered that would be great. Thanks Steve ....

blue book for tractors

View my Photos
BillBass

2002-01-08          34364

machinerylink.com gives a lot of info on used tractor prices. There are also a lot for sale that you can look at to get an idea of prices. ....

Link:   machinerylink.com

blue book for tractors

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-01-08          34370

Tractor tips has the new pricing. Many of the older tractors follow the new price. As used tractors are often private sales. They are generally unlicenced, therefore no searchable records. The blue book pricing follows dealer sales. I am not sure as to the pricing in the books. They are made for banks and dealers. If the dealer wants to skin you he might show you the book price.
If I need the price from the book I will go to my bank and ask to see the book.
Remember these are guide line to make sure the dealer or the bank does not get taken. Even the auto guides are flawed, like edmonds.com and kelley blue book(kbb.com) and these tract geographic location. I recently had a total loss on a auto fire and believe me they are useful but not infalable. You can see thousands difference in these two guides on a single auto. ....

Link:   

Click Here

blue book for tractors

View my Photos
TomG

2002-01-09          34375

I'd add that blue books seem to be for insurance companies as well, at least in the case of autos. Some people here went off the highway a couple of years back. The damage to their F150 wasn't huge but the insurance company declared it a total. With their 'blue book' settlement, they managed to get an S10 that was several years older. Getting a light truck for as low as its blue book valve around here would be like finding a diamond mine, except if there's more rust than steel in the truck.

Person I know who has a body shop says body shops are hurting because insurance companies declare most everything totals. Artificially low blue book values would certainly reward this practice. When a vehicle is declared a total, the insurance company takes ownership. The supposed wrecks are then often sold to brokers, and many are repaired and make their way back onto the used market. That’s the source of cars for some dealers who have small lots but advertise that they can get any car—former insurance company wrecks. This practice created something of a scandal around here--probably legal but certainly wanting in ethics.

My belief is that blue books values are inherently corrupted as statements of realistic market values. I ask: Who buys blue books, and what are their interests? Consumers don't buy book books, and I imagine that publishers are more than a little partial to the sensibilities of their customers--the banks and insurance companies. I'd bet that if a suits against insurance companies have been launched related to blue book values, the suits would have been be settled out of court to avoid a precedent.

blue book for tractors

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-01-09          34376

I am not sure what is typical but I the insurance company started near 14K for the 2 year old truck and we settled near 19K. I would have recieved 25% less if I had accepted the first offer. Naturally this took some time, nearly 6 weeks.
I used the blue books on line and the local prices to get them to increase the payout. ....

blue book for tractors

View my Photos
TomG

2002-01-10          34392

Happy you got a good result even if it did take 6-weeks. If Blue Book values helped get a better settlement, that's even better. Around here Blue book values are chronically below replacement values, but maybe this is an uncommon area.

Either condition still illustrates a point. An insurance settlement is a negotiation. People shouldn't necessarily accept the first offer or let themselves get bullied by Blue Book values. In my case, I put enough work in my '89 F150 to buy another truck. I talked to my insurance broker who told me that my coverage was for an '89 1/2 ton in typical condition. Fair enough I thought. I went out and got an appraisal and now pay higher rates for coverage at the appraised value. Before the work, the truck wasn’t in great shape, and I probably shouldn’t have expected to receive ‘typical replacement valve’ coverage. Also fair enough I think.

Typical coverage is for replacement value, which provides people with atypical vehicles less protection. Blue Books don’t have any legal standing as statements of replacement value.

blue book for tractors

View my Photos
Peters

2002-01-10          34401

Believe me you need to negociate and not accept the first offer. Even if you have replacement coverage it can be low. On another topic we have been discussing house building work. My house went in the fire with the garage. The fist offer on this was 60% lower than the final settlement and this was still light if I was going to get a contractor to complete it.
The insurance company had sent an estimator before and after the fire. They wanted to use the low before figure.
After 2 years of reconstruction we re finally getting near completion. 6 months of this was used to negociate a proper settlement. Southern wind storms last winter account for another 6 months. ....

blue book for tractors

View my Photos
Don Alves

2002-05-03          38093

I have found a 1982 F0rd 1700 compact tractor and I don't know what a fair price for this model in good shape would be. It has a front loader and a grady box with rippers. Any help is appreciated. PS, it is a 4x4. ....

blue book for tractors

View my Photos
TomG

2002-05-03          38099

From a buyer's perspective fair means the best of available alternatives. The trouble with book values for compact tractors is that one used compact may be about the alternative available in an area. In some places they're pretty rare on the market and really nothing about 'market value' can be said. Fair really is a negotiated price at which the seller is willing to let go and the buyer is willing to pay. Buyer and seller sense of 'fair' are different and sales prices are negotiated--then it's fair for everybody.

What usually works to increase a buyer's comfort level is more alternatives. For example, if few used compacts are available in an area, what prices do used farm tractors go for? Farm tractors may not do quite the same work as compacts but they may do some things better. What do newer compacts sell for, compared to older ones plus an estimated maintenance cost burden? Newer tractors have a higher front end cost, but long-term costs may be similar. How are older compacts priced over a wider area? The costs of evaluating and shipping have to be added onto the price of a local deal.

Far as I know, the best way for buyers to get fair deals is to know absolutely what their bottom lines and be absolutely certain of walking if the bottom lines aren’t met. That attitude communicates to a seller. Of course, that attitude may not be persuasive if there’s no other alternative to walk to. Question asked here value will help if there’s a response that’s comparable—I’m not sure the four year old price I paid for my 1710 in Canadian dollars would be very helpful. There is a site called ‘machinerylinks’ or something like that where I believe prices are given, but that would provide ‘book values’ which I don’t think are all that helpful.

blue book for tractors

View my Photos
Don Alves

2002-05-05          38171

Thanks Tom, I will try the link you suggested. And thanks for the insights! ....

blue book for tractors

View my Photos
DaveM

2002-05-05          38183

Need a Blue Book price on a 1986 Ford tractor, Model 2610, 1500hrs 3cylinder Diesel, Good Condition ....

blue book for tractors

View my Photos
chuck s

2002-05-25          39010

I would like to know a fair price for a 1977 Massey Fergerson with 3400 hours. The tractor is in fair condition. ....

blue book for tractors

View my Photos
Peters

2002-05-25          39017

What model MF? Did you check the Machinerylink.com? ....

blue book for tractors

View my Photos
Debbie

2002-07-23          40613

I am writing for a friend. He would like to know what the blue book on a model 920 tractor would be. He found one, but doesn't know if the price is fair according to Kelley :)
Thank you. ....

blue book for tractors

View my Photos
TomG

2002-07-24          40626

It would be good to help on behalf of your friend. I haven't used the machinery links site but I understand that non-members can get a few values with a bit of difficulty. That might be the easiest thing to do.

I'd keep in mind that most of the discussion in this thread suggests that blue book type values aren't very good guides for actually purchasing a tractor. Somebody who's selling a tractor that's in high demand in an area isn't going to change their asking price because a potential buyer quotes a blue-book value. A seller of a tractor that's in high supply isn't likely to inform a potential buyer that the blue book value really is too high. At best, blue-book values might be minor tools in a negotiation. A better tool is knowledge that there's another suitable tractor right down the highway and maybe the asking price is less.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login