Go Bottom Go Bottom

Attachments for Nortrac

View my Photos
John C
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-09-17          96741

I'm thinking very seriously about buying a 20 0r 25hp Nortrac tractor primarily for mowing and snow removal. Has anyone found a shaft driven belly mower and front mounted snow blade that will mount on one of these tractors?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Attachments for Nortrac

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-09-17          96749

http://ruralking.com/netflyer/bellymower_pg.htm, but I don't recommend it. No gauge wheels or anti-scalp nose roller.
http://www.ssbtractor.com/page1.html can be outfitted with both.

Can't help you with the front blade though, sorry.

//greg// ....

Link:   

Click Here

Picture Link
Jinma Farmpro Agracat Nortrac Attachments for Nortrac

Attachments for Nortrac

View my Photos
Harryg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-09-18          96765

John C,
I have to agree with Greg's post regarding the belly mower. I know people with various brands of tractors that have belly mowers and have not heard too much good things. First they reduce ground clearance and are a real pain to remove/install if you want to go over rough terrain. Sure you get a tighter cutting swath but these are big tractors and will still have to mow with a L & G type or push unit to cut where you couldn't reach. Basically a L&G type unit is used only for grass cutting and on even ground, A tractor this size has a various range of uses and if you have a belly mower on it you have defeated its possibilities unless you remve mower. Each has its own purposes. I would a pull behind, easier to hook/unhook, easier to maintain, and makes flexibility easier.
Now for the snow plow,,,,,,,,There might be some out there but not to my knowledge.
I own a 224 Jinma(same China tractor as Nortrac) and was in process of building my own FEL. Well, winter was on its way last year so I temporarally hooked up a 6 1/2' Fisher plow up to the FEL frames. Worked great but still wanted a FEL. Price of steel went thru roof and was cheaper to just buy a FEL and scrap my plans to build my own. I use a back blade also for snow removal so with the FEL I can push snow and move it without getting off tractor. I am going to weld 2 bracket into FEL bucket so I can mount my snow plow and can push in both directions, if I want to move the snow I'll just pull 2 pins and use the bucket. I live in upstate NY and we do get hit with lots of snow so I have to be able to move to quick sometimes as we get hit with storms right after another.
In summary, and in my opine only,,,,,,,get a pull behind mower and get a FEL this way you have flexibility, there are always uses for a FEL year round.
Regards, Harry ....

Attachments for Nortrac

View my Photos
davidbenes
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-11-20          100647

I know of a company that makes snow blades that mount on a loader. The design of the blades is almost identical to the plows used on trucks.
The website for the plows is below. Kinda pricey though.

David

Link:   Curtis Snow Plows

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login