Go Bottom Go Bottom

1725 Loss of power

View my Photos
DonAtellall
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-05-21          187011

I changed the fuel filter and clean the tank of my 1725 and I'm still losing power in high gear. It bogs down to the point it want to quit. I read from another thread to check the wheels and make sure they are rotating freely. It was stated that during winter months that tend to lock up. I raised my tractor and put it in neutral and turned the tire. I'm not sure how much restriction there should be, but when I would "spin" my tire and I could barely get one rotation. More restricted than I thought it should be. Any ideas?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

1725 Loss of power

View my Photos
Oldestguy

2013-05-21          187012

One possibility is a blocked fuel tank cap, no venting. Leave it loose and see what happens. ....

1725 Loss of power

View my Photos
DonAtellall

2013-05-21          187014

I did try that as well. Taking the cap off did not make a difference. Thanks for the input though. Would a bad solenoid create power loss? Seems I read somewhere, that someone was having similar problems and that was the problem. ....

1725 Loss of power

View my Photos
DonAtellall

2013-05-22          187019

Could the solenoid be causing my loss of power? ....

1725 Loss of power

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-05-23          187038

Don, you have had this tractor long enough to know this is new right? Just wondering how is power in lower gear with load or do you know? If with engine should die back with load in lower gear, if in drive train most likely will not show up as much in lower gear as high. Try a different twist if you will, check the air intake system. Look for insect or mice in there blocking the full air flow...if it was working good and you parked it for the winter think you will find that is issue. Check air filter also, probably can just shake it and see if dust falls out.

Don't ask me how I know these but other possibilities: brake set, four wheel drive engage and you are on hard surface. If hydo transmission have you checked it fluid and changed its filter? ....

1725 Loss of power

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-05-23          187039

Forgot the Solenoid, my opinion for what it is worth, doubt it. They seem to work or not but if the linkage is exposed could there be a twig or such restricting its movement? ....

1725 Loss of power

View my Photos
DonAtellall

2013-05-23          187041

At the beginning of last summer I replaced the air filters. I used the tractor very little . Cut the pasture 3 times and did a few other things. I did take off the air in take that sits on top of the motor and there was nothing in there. I did notice this. When I have in Low (1) or Medium (2) with the rpm's at 2500 and let off the clutch, the rpm's stay the same and I take off. When I have it in High (3) and I let off the clutch the rpm's drop and wants to die. I've had the tractor for 16 years. Bought it new. Only have changed the fluids as recommended and bought a battery or two. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login