Go Bottom Go Bottom

3PH and PTO not working

View my Photos
bluemonkeynh
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-05-14          142070

Hi I am a new user of used 2002 TC45 tractor, I have never used the PTO and the three point hitch, but can't seem to get them to run, I pull the handle on the left for the PTO and nothing happens is the same with the three point hitch, I pull the lever and nothing happens, so I'm confused is there a fuse or something else that I'm missing. I was also told to adjust the knob under the seat rotated the knob with the turtle and the rabbit but have not had any results. Anyone have any idea's. Farmer Pete

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

3PH and PTO not working

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-05-14          142072

It's hard tand diagnose a problem with very limited info., but I'll try to cover the basics.

First, and most importantly, do you have, and have you read, the owner's manual? It usually has a trouble-shooting section.

Next is the hydraulics themselves, do you have a FEL (Front End Loader) and if so does it work? Or do you have other hydraulic functions such as top 'n' tilt that you can try to see if there is any pressure in the hydraulic system?

Also, don't be afraid to talk to your local dealer, any worth dealing with will ALWAYS find a moment to talk to you, just because you didn't buy the tractor from them doesn't mean they don't want another customer for the service and or parts department.

Best of luck.

3PH and PTO not working

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-05-14          142073

Not having a NH but have you checked your hyd oil level? ....

3PH and PTO not working

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-05-14          142093

At least with my NH TC33D, you have to depress the clutch to engage the PTO before you operate the PTO lever. The PTO---IMHO---should have no connection to the hydraulic issue of the 3pt lift.

The rabbit/turtle knob controls or meters the time it takes for rise and fall of hitch (when it's working, of course) Even turned fully in or out it should still work.

If it has rear remotes like mine and the lever gets sticky, and it stays in one position or the other it will prevent operation (up or down) of the hitch.

What was the tractor used for before you bought it? Was it used to tow/pull things perhaps? Maybe someone has used a drawbar and stiffened it (by steel bar links and/or chains) so it cannot be raised of lowered. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login