Go Bottom Go Bottom

TC-25D hydraulics

View my Photos
longleyj
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-06-11          130736

My TC-25D has just over 300 hrs. One of the hydraulic hoses going to the oil cooler split and sprayed hydraulic oil all over the engine. I lost about 1.5 gal of oil. It is about 6 in long with a 90 degree bend. When I replaced it I checked the other one and it looked ok. I checked the replacement after running a while and noticed the old one had several cracks in the rubber and was bulged out, so I could see the cord in the hose. Is this type of problem common?
NH calls for changing hydraulic oil at 300 hrs. My oil looks new. How important is it to change hydraulic oil? Can I just change the filters?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TC-25D hydraulics

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-06-11          130743

Can't speak to the hose problem but I can address the oil change.

Do it. That oil works real hard under a lot of pressure and heat. The additives wear out and the oil molecules shear down over time due to contact with moving surfaces like the hydraulic pump and directional valves.

And get the best oil you can afford. It will be cheap insurance in the long run. ....

TC-25D hydraulics

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-06-11          130748

Both my and my neighbor's TC33D's have blown the cooler hoses. Both had the cords showing through. The new ones look similar. At least my NH dealer was aware since they keep a few sets in stock (usually non-failure-prone parts have to be ordered). Keep an eye on the clamps too, as they have to be tightened periodically until the hoses seat. ....

TC-25D hydraulics

View my Photos
oneace

2006-06-12          130774

They are very common to blow. Normally with in 150 hrs. to 400 hrs. ....

TC-25D hydraulics

View my Photos
agriman

2006-08-01          132891

NH has a kit that's available from your dealer that will correct this problem. The kit contains two new tubes with the 90 deg bend (Eliminating the elbow hose)and two new straight hoses. ....

TC-25D hydraulics

View my Photos
longleyj

2006-08-03          132930

Thanks for all the responses. I picked up the kit from the NH dealer today. I'm going to wait for the heat to break to install it and change the hydraulic oil. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login