Go Bottom Go Bottom

Brakes on a TC30

View my Photos
SP
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-12-05          120448

The brakes on my TC30 are very loud (it sounds like the pads are worn down to metal). I've replaced many auto pads and shoes. Is it the same concept?

How hard is it to replace these tractor brake pads? At the very least, I'd like to take a look inside to see if the pads are worn. Can someone give me some insight on how hard this is on the TC30?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Brakes on a TC30

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-12-05          120453

Interesting, I am not sure how you could hear dry metal sounds. You have wet brakes on the TC30. Are you sure you fluid levels are OK?
What age is the tractor? Are you using it primarily for FEL work? ....

Brakes on a TC30

View my Photos
nhrockcrusher

2005-12-05          120461

The brakes on my 1715 have made noise since the day I bought it. Bought it new. Not really metal grinding noise and the heavier the braking action the more noticeable it is. Have had the machine for almost 10 years now and no trouble and haven't had to adjust the brakes much. Just the left one to even the braking action. I use the left brake more it seems. ....

Brakes on a TC30

View my Photos
ALDALE

2005-12-05          120466

SP
My TC30 has the same metallic sound. It is three years old and about 150 hours. It has been this way since new. The dealer thought it may be because I don't use the brakes except as parking brakes (hydro serves as brakes the most of the time). ....

Brakes on a TC30

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-12-05          120473

They are not like brakes on a car. They have multiple disc's between multiple plates. and to get to them you have to remove the trumpet (rear axle housing) Not some thing I would suggest the do it your selfer to attempt. ....

Brakes on a TC30

View my Photos
13n0brndngIrn

2005-12-22          121590

I would try a limited slip additive in the hydraulic oil to quiet the brakes. Probably not a good idea to put the additive in until the next oil change.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login