Go Bottom Go Bottom

New Holland FEL-TC33DA with Super steer issues

View my Photos
bigbru
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-12-16          102379

I am looking at this model and with the 15LA loader. This is a monster of a tractor. Does not feel like a compact. Almost 14 feet long! My neighber has tc33da with the older dogleg FEL model 7XX? he might sell. How much in lift capacity am I giving up? The dog leg is shorter. Would I be better without the super steer and 14LA? Working in the woods, tight places to swing around with FEL. I must also dig a ditch on the up hill side of driveway, ten feet wide, with trees on both sides so length does matter here. Please advise. Bruce

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
denwood

2004-12-16          102395

While I did seriously consider NH, I refused to consider any with super steer. I didn't want any big long mess. Yes it will turn a tighter radius at the rear wheel, but some is given up at the bucket edge because it sticks out so much farther. On the plus side it will be more stable going up and down hill, not that I have ever had a problem with a normal tractor up and down hills. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-12-17          102416

The 7308 loader, predecessor to the 14LA, is weaker than competitive loaders. IIRC, compared to the JD 430 loader it had a lift capacity at the pins of ~500 lbs less. I haven't seen the actual specs of the 14LA but it was supposed to be much stronger and very competitive.

[edit]

By the way, one reason for the weaker 7308 loader performance on older TC33s was because the front axle on that machine was not rated for higher loads. I understand they beefed it up on the newer models for use with the 14LA. ....

View my Photos
lewy44

2005-09-21          116737

You can put the 14LA FEL on a TC33 with SS. The only thing is you cannot have the wheels turned fully when the loader is a ground level. I agree with those who feel the 15LA loader sticks out too far. The question you will need to ask yourself is when will you be turning the SS fully when you have the loader down? ....

View my Photos
Gearhead

2005-09-23          116821

A 7308 loader will not fit on a TC33DA, the front mount will not clear the hood. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login