Go Bottom Go Bottom

Orange Blue Green

View my Photos
finn05
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-05-11          85822

New to this board as well as to owning a tractor. Been all over the place looking at three models from three different manufacturers and need some/lots help. The models I am considering are the Kubota L2800 DT, JD 770; & the New Holland TC29 . Included in all the pakages is a FEL and 5 ft. shreder

I have 23 acres to maintain, along with 2 barns etc. Minimal livestock but intend to increase the # of cattle.

Need pros/cons of each tractor please. Never been down this road. Price is a factor but they all are within $1500. Thank you in advance

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Orange Blue Green

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-12          85836

Just for options the B-7800 is real close in price to the L-2800 but it is a bit lighter but spec's otherwise are very close. ....

Orange Blue Green

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-12          85851

From the recent posts, you will see that some owners have been unhappy with each of the mentioned tractors while others are thoroughly happy with them. From my viewpoint you have picked (3) good brands. I think it is important that you make the decision by extensively test driving each unit yourself and decide which feels best. You should also get thorough knowledge of how the FEL detaches and other implements. Your relationship with a dealer is also important particularly if you are a newbie and may need some help. Ease of warranty repairs may be an issue and maybe not. You need to consider the entire scope of things. For my needs, I like CUT's in the 27-35 HP range with hydros. If you have cattle and will be scooping do-do, your paint and finish won't be so great after a while so just the basics will do. The JD impact resistant plastic fenders, hood, etc. may be a better choice. ....

Orange Blue Green

View my Photos
stevenc

2004-05-13          85997

the new holland has the most lifting power on the 3 pont hitch,,BUT Mahindra has more than all of them,,and a full 3 year warrantee ....

Orange Blue Green

View my Photos
oneace

2004-05-14          86080

In my opinion all of the tractors are a bit small for 23 acres it would take hours and hours to mow with a 60" mower or even a 72". But that is my opinion and I am always in a hurry and think bigger is better. ....

Orange Blue Green

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-05-15          86093

I agree with oneace, for a few more bucks (unless money is already topped out) an anouther year of payments you can get a tc35 (or its equivalent in anouther color). With the larger frame and more lifting capacity you may be able to use it more eficiently since down the road your time may be a premium. Also, have you done a thourough check with ALL the dealers in your area? I wound up going a few extra miles (99 to be exact) to buy from a dealer that I just love. They warrent the tractor for an extra year for no cost and the brush hog I bought from them they also warrent for the same amount of time (instead of the standard factory warrenty) at no cost. I had found a $1500+ difference between dealers on the same tractor!!! (new holland tc40) I asked over 14 dealers for qoutes and came back with 4 that were in the running (comparing apples to apples, this is important) after that I narrowed it down to 2 dealers just by the way they paid attention to details of what I NEED! and not trying to get me the cheapest price just to make a sale. The warrenty issue and free P/U delivery pushed one over the other.
Yooperpete has hit it on the head, from what I read here it seems like most are happy with what they have. The few problem tractors that come in ALL colors are unavoidable, it is a machine and humans put them together so I think this is why your dealer and their services are on the highest of prioritys. No matter which one you buy you may have problems and you may not.
Why dont you givethese guys a list of ALL the options and add ons you are getting. I had found that after many many posts and what seemed to be stupid basic questions, that the guys here on this board always seemed to have a great opinion and I KNOW they saved me over a thousand dollars on options that I wouldn't of got that I need later. IE: quick tach fel plate, rear hydraulics (extra valve) loaded tires, delux extendable arms 3pt. block heater. these are a few items that the dealer wanted to put on that I more than likely would not of if these guys here would not of told me its in my best interest to do it.
Good luck ....

Orange Blue Green

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-05-15          86096

Yeah, if you have to mow a lot of ground there is no doubt bigger is better. In this case maybe his cattle will do a lot of the mowing :) ....

Orange Blue Green

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-05-15          86113

Good point Kwschumm! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login