Go Bottom Go Bottom

mitsubishi motor help

View my Photos
salvo1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-02-17          168694

it is a shibaura tractor model # V52F found out this tractor has a Engine> S4F 004222 on block diesil Manufact>Mitsubishi Heavy motor but still can't get a headgasket earthwrks said shibura makes motors why is it a mitsubishi motor in this tractor and can't seem to get any one that knows this model??? thanks salvo

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

mitsubishi motor help

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-02-26          168828

Using the numbers you gave the V52F seems to be the model and the best I could find is also used in some New Holland tractors so they might have the parts. The SAF 004222 my guess is serial numnber.

As to why did one company use another company's engine...well you can ask about any company out there as most if not all have or do so. From autos to heavy equipment. For what ever reason it makes more sense than developing and or building the number of engines they need or they don't have the time table to do so. ....

mitsubishi motor help

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-02-26          168831

I've noticed that a lot of companies don't cross-reference part numbers between countries.

The same part will have one P/N in Asia, and a different number in North America and no way to connect one to the other.

You need to find out an exact match for that engine in another machine that was sold and supported in North America.

Same goes for OEM and 'other' companies. I've seen plenty of re-branded machines with a completely different set of P/N's even though the 'local' part often arrives with the Asian P/N on a label on the packaging.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login