Go Bottom Go Bottom

MF 1225 front wheel drive not working

View my Photos
Nobigdeal
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-04-20          186786

My 1999 MF 1225 grinds the gears when the 4wheel lever is pushed down to engage. It seems to engage, then pops-out. I can't find any way to adjust the lever. It just has a straight pin thru the lever and shaft. I don't have a service manual and the owners manual says nothing about front wheel adjustment. anyone have a working solution for this problem?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-04-24          186807

Not familiar with the MF but typically the lever operates a fork that gets worn and needs to be replaced. Not a major job at an MF dealer. Before I fixed that on mine I used a bungee to hold the lever in 4. But you should be in 4 only on a slippery surface. ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-04-24          186814

Are you using the clutch when shifting in or out of four wheel drive? ....

View my Photos
Nobigdeal
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-04-24          186816

hydro stat, shift in neutral, low RPM, kicks out of 4wheel only a few feet after moving.

View my Photos
kthompson

2013-04-29          186829

I have Kubota with hydro trans and I only shift the trans with clutch depressed. Too simple not to try that to me. Might not solve issued but it may help it travel just the slight distance more it needs to fully engage. You are NOT on hard surface when doing this are you? If so the four wheel drive is likely binding and that is putting load on it and helping it kick out maybe saving the four wheel drive. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login