Go Bottom Go Bottom

Getting rid of rocks and stones

View my Photos
drcjv.
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-07-15          113497

Any good way to get rid of small rocks say 3" and under I have cleared and leveled an area to be seeded, my landsscape rake does a great job on the larger rocks but other than hand raking is there a good way to get rid of the smaller stuff. I am dealing with a faily large area. I am sure there are expensive implements for this but I will never use it again so looking for alternative.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-07-15          113503

You might be able to rent a rock hound. We did that on a 1/4 acre lot we had and it did a great job. Not sure how big an area you need to do, or how big the rock hounds come. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2005-07-16          113528

The rock hound as Ken mentioned is a viable machine that we often recommend in small areas but you might find a nromal open windrower like the Harley double or single roll or even land pride makes one that will go on the rear of your tractor to clean up those smaller stones. ....

View my Photos
drcjv.

2005-07-17          113558

Thanks for the help. Yesterday I talked my wife into spending some quality time with me and helping me rake it out by hand. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login