Go Bottom Go Bottom

2011 Kubota B2320 review

View my Photos
taogden
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-10-18          185217

Previous tractor usages are a Ford 8N, an Allis Chalmers WD45D, an Allis 190 an old single lung JD that was hand crank as were the Case and Massey Harris I used as a kid on the farm. None of my previous experience used a 4 wheel drive tractor.
In May purchased a used Kubota B2320 with 9.8 hours on it, it did not have a loader. One of first things I did was to buy a loader from Kubota and installed it. The loader assembly weighed about 450 pounds and came with an installation manual which I had no problems with. None of parts individually are that heavy including the frame. The first issue after installing the loader, was the control lever did not work. Call to the dealer and found it just required lube, several squirts from a WD 40 can fixed the problem. The first setting of the bucket and frame onto the tractor was a no go, had to call for help. When it says it needs to be level and square, they were not joking. Took me and the son about 30 minutes to get it into the frame.
Took about 6 quarts to fill the gear box back up after getting all the air out of the hoses and cylinders.
The 2320 capacity on the FEL is around 700 pounds. The tractor itself weighs in around 1580, with the loader on it it is around 2000 pounds. The box blade bought for it is around 380 pounds and makes a good ballast for the Front End Loader (FEL)Current hours on the tractor is 25.8 and it arrived with 9.8 so I have 16 hours on it using the FEL for demolition of a Manlift, leveling, fixing the drive way and fixing some drainage issues. The tank capacity is 6.5 gallons which I filled on arrival and am still using the same tank, having about 1/4 left. Got hold of the Kubota Dealer and had the remaining warranty transferred to my name. So far, have had very good luck with it.
Some issues noted but just irritation points, the fuel tank lid is a booger to get back on right, the tractor has to be sitting 'Very' level before checking the hydraulic oil and all cylinders contracted to minimum length, the 3 point control is difficult to use, it has a very short range of operation for the down control. Up works well and has an auto kick-out feature I like. On the FEL, it cannot lift and roll the bucket at the same time. A little practice and this becomes a non issue and it is stated in the manual that this is the case.
One new issue which has shown up, the center link on the 3 point has a grease fitting, there is no relief hole in it. When adjusting, if it is full of grease you do not have the horse power to adjust it. there is an easy fix, drill a small hole in the adjuster, about 1/16". I put mine on the down end about 1/2 inch up from the threads, as I cleaned out the grease I have had no further problems with making adjustments by hand and did not need the wrench.
I am still under 50 hours so I have not ran it at full throttle, but it has ran great up to 1500 rpm. One other thing, the bucket does not have a replaceable blade, if it wears out you have to buy a new bucket I guess, or figure a way to add one.
Long story short, I am tickled with my purchase as it is the first tractor I have bought, I think I did well. In the land of JD it sure shows up and has gotten a lot of looks. Seems everyone wants to see first hand an orange one, there are a few in our area, but not many.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

2011 Kubota B2320 review

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-10-19          185227

Great report.

On the third arm doubt you need to grease it anywhere as often as you may think. It does not need to be filled as all you are doing is lubricating the threads and how often do you adjust it? I change implements often but really don't have to adjust it very often. It being brand new may need little extra first grease but easy to over do it as with any sealed bearing. Really watch that on such as spindle bearings on cutters. Can blow out seals on some. At same time recommend you look at the high temp grease (red in color normally) for such as cutter spindles. ....

2011 Kubota B2320 review

View my Photos
taogden

2012-10-19          185229

KT, thanks for the thoughts, but I have not greased the center link since I have had it, I just thought it came that way, may have been the previous owner.
Do have a question for you. Do you remember how the ford 8N had that hand crank for the level adjust, does anyone still make something like that? Would sure like to replace the link on this with something similar. ....

2011 Kubota B2320 review

View my Photos
Oldestguy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-10-19          185230

Nice going.

I do not have the long experience with older tractors that you have, but one thing I have done with three tractors I have had is to add a quick hitch to the three point. Sure makes changing implements easy. Most have the required cat. I spacing of the lugs. You can look at several possibilities, but my two from Harbor Freight now are equal to the higher cost from other suppliers.

On the hand crank for leveling the three point, the 1720 New Holland that I have has one. Sure works great. You can repaint it to match.

In my book a rear blade has it all over a box blade for many jobs. ....

2011 Kubota B2320 review

View my Photos
kthompson

2012-10-19          185234

I would say you will find it on bigger Kubotas as my M series does. Our B 2710 series has basically a turn buckle on the right lift that does the same purpose and no doubt cost less but must remember to tighten the jam nut or it moves. I agree it is not as easy and the style you asked about but it is more compact and certainly less expensive. It may be a simple pull two pins change also. ....

2011 Kubota B2320 review

View my Photos
taogden

2012-10-19          185235

OldestGuy - If you were closer I would sure owe you a soda, never even thought to look at Harbor Freight for a 3 Point quick connect, its 200 less than what the local shop wants.

Thanks much. ....

2011 Kubota B2320 review

View my Photos
taogden

2012-10-19          185236

KT - Thanks for what you just wrote, I misread it and came up with a heck of an idea on how to make one. If it pans out, will post a picture of the result. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login