Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota l4330 HSTC 4wheel drive not engaging

View my Photos
mauder
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-11-19          181279

The four wheel drive worked the last time I used it while plowing snow with the bucket last winter. After finishing mowing for the season, I reinstalled the bucket. I tried to engage the four wheel drive. The lever moved into the proper position but it did not engage the four wheel drive and the 4 wheel drive light on the dash readout also was not lit. I used the bucket to lift the front end with the lever in the four wheel drive position. I rotated one tire with the opposite tire spinning also. I also looked underneath the tractor and the metal linkage did not look bent. I noticed there was a split pin from the lever outside lever to the internal connection but did not drive it out to see if it was broken. Are there any suggestions on what may be the problem and what I may be able to do to check it further. The tractor is a 2004 model with less than 200 hours on it. I can't believe this should be failing this soon.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-11-21          181302

I am surprised that you had no occasion to use the 4WD since last winter. I am constantly using it everytime I use the tractor, only taking it out when on dry paved surfaces. I would check to see if something needs lubrication. ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-11-21          181304

With the machine back in 2WD position, move very slowly forwards in a dead straight line while slowly moving the lever back to the 4WD position.

If the unit is not moved back & forth fairly regularly the shift linkage does get sticky. It's pretty common.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
mauder
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-11-25          181367

I tried moving the lever as you said, no change. The lever feels like it engages just like it always did. However, on a small hill the back wheels spin and the front do nothing. Any other suggestions to pinpoint the problem? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login