Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota B7510 Mower Review

View my Photos
Doublebogey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-08-10          179747

I have a B7510HS and am looking at a Kubota RCK54-24B Mower Mid Mount deck new for $1,750. I am looking for pros and cons about the deck as well as any other decks that fit a B7510 that might be either better or less money.
Thanks for the help....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-08-10          179749

I only know that Kubotas are good and midmounts have strong plusses, and that factors to compare are ease of attaching/detaching/servicing, and how high the mower can lift (to mow high and to clear obstacles). ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2011-08-10          179756

I'm not familliar with Kubota mid mounts but regardless of brand mid mounts have always had two big drawbacks.
# 1 - Unless Kubota has a newer system midmounts have always been a pain to mount and dismount regardless of brand.
# 2 - Are you sure of the price? High cost has always been a factor with mid mounts, I would have expected the mower to cost twice that amount. Many times you can buy a really good used rider for about the same cost as the deck only. That was my experience, hence two riders instead of a rider and a midmount in my shed.
Frank. ....

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-08-11          179764

Doublebogey,

I have a B2100 with the 60" mid-mount mower deck. Other than the width, it's the same deck you're looking at.

Kubota's mid-mount mower (MMM) decks are some of the heaviest in the industry, as they are formed from 7 gauge steel. I've never seen a deck from another manufacturer using steel of this thickness. The closest I've found is a 9 gauge deck, which is quite a bit lighter.

My deck is 14 years old now, and I've never replaced a drive belt. I mow three acres at least once a week with it. I'm very impressed with the appearance of the finished lawn.

Nothing is perfect in every way, and Kubota's mid-mount mower (MMM) decks are no exception. They are heavy, making them somewhat difficult to move around when mounting and dismounting from the tractor. (Even heavier when packed full of wet grass) Cleaning the grass from the deck can be a chore, too, as you'll need to prop it up against a shop wall, or support it with the loader while cleaning. (Never position yourself under a raised loader)

If you have a lot of trees to mow around, you'll really like the mid-mount deck. If you have nothing but acres of open lawn to mow, you'd be better off with a rear-mounted (3-point) finishing mower.

I don't much care for the rear mounted mowers, as all four tractor tires first run over, and then pack down the standing grass ahead of the mower blades, making for a "less-than-acceptable" appearance. A mid-mount deck mows just behind the front tires, which means that you can't travel too fast, as you need to allow time for the grass to be drawn up again for cutting.

Hope this helps.

Joel

View my Photos
Doublebogey

2011-08-13          179807

Thanks to all for your help. It has been useful and i am grateful!! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login