Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota B7800 40 amp alternator upgrade kit

View my Photos
kubotakid1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-02-27          177074

could anyone please give me a website address where I could buy a 40 amp alternator upgrade kit for my 2008 B7800HSD
thank you in advance
kubotakid1

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-02-28          177080

If "Upgrade Kit" is a Kubota option, see a K dealer. Otherwise, I don't know the output of the factory alt, and am not sure what other electrics (voltage regulator?) might need changing.

K knows what it's doing -- why do you want a different alt? ....

View my Photos
kubotakid1

2011-03-01          177119

my kubota only has a dynamo 14.5 amps and it is not cabable in keeping the battery at full charge when iam running four work lights at once plus my 4 ways but a 40 amp should be fine but thanks for your imformation i had contacted a dealer and i just recieved the kit ....

View my Photos
bhaxel

2011-03-18          177428

I searched for this last fall and came to the conclusion that the only practical way to do it is to buy the upgrade kit from Kubota. It was complete and easy to install. Cost was just under $200. The local dealer had to order it, which took a week or so.

If you want, I can probably get the part number from the receipt.

- Bernard ....

View my Photos
bhaxel

2011-03-22          177505

The Kubota 40-amp alternator upgrade kit is part number B7324. In addition to the B7800, it fits B2710, B2910, B2630 and B3030. Order the kit thru a Kubota dealer. In October 2010, it cost $193.00.

The kit contains everything you need, and a few extra parts for other models. The instuctions are complete, once you understand how to use them. Takes a couple of hours. Dennis Bailacki posted a nice PDF of slides about how to do this job. A simple internet search should find it.

A new dipstick is included in the kit which, if used, would require removing the side engine cover to check the oil. Instead, I just bent the original dipstick tube so that it clears the new alternator. That way, I can still check my oil by just raising the hood. I was able to do the install without removing the muffler, but removal of the steering wheel is probably neccesary.

- Bernard ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login