Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota B1750 does not start after turn over

View my Photos
barryloehr
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-01-02          176142

I turned my kubota B1750 over, it was still running and I turned it off to get help. flipped it back up and now it won't start. Instrument panel won't even light. Any ideas?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-01-02          176146

Barryloehr,

I'm happy to hear that you weren't injured.

First check to make sure that your safety switches are all engaged. Check to see if your PTO lever(s) is disengaged....speed range lever is in neutral.....clutch is depressed. It's possible that something happened to one of your safety switches. Check those.

Your battery could easily have made contact with the tractor's frame when it tipped.

The positive battery post is positioned very close to the tractor frame. There isn't much room up there. If your battery was shorted to the frame, it would go completely dead......and it wouldn't take long.

Remove the front grill section and take a good look around. I'm wiling to bet that you'll see some evidence of some sparks and arcs on the tractor's frame, next to the positive battery terminal.

If this is not the case, you might want to check the slow-blow fuse mounted very near the starter. It's possible that this fuse became dislodged, but I highly doubt it.

Stop in again if you're still having problems.

Joel ....

View my Photos
barryloehr

2011-01-02          176148

Thanks for the reply Joel.
Looked for switches everywhere- all the ones under the seat looked good. PTO, clutch, speed, etc., are all good. I looked everywhere around the battery and cables- they're still connected securely and haven't shorted out anywhere. It's getting no power but I can't tell where the break is. I thought someone might know of a switch that may have to be reset after it has turned over. ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-01-03          176166

Depending on the roll you could have drained the battery of acid as well!

I haven't seen anything that hasn't turned over after a wait to allow the fluids to drain back down. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2011-01-03          176174

Have you tested the battery in any manner, even tried jumping it? If the battery is not clamped down securely have no doubt it could have moved enough to damage a cable end, connection or the battery. By chance was it underwater?

View my Photos
barryloehr

2011-01-03          176181

Thanks for the comeback guys.
The battery had just a little leaking from the top. I haven't tried it for a while- maybe it'll have power now that the battery has settled. The cables look fine.
I'll try it first thing in the morning. ....

View my Photos
JD-855-in-WI

2011-01-06          176245

Too bad about that roll over, guess it's one of those life lessons that we all end up getting.
Will the any of the lights or flashers work? They don't require the saftey switches, maybe only the main switch to be on. Have you checked the battery cables to make sure something didn't get pulled loose if the battery moved during the roll? If you can find someone to help with a voltmeter it will narrow down the problem quicker. ....

View my Photos
barryloehr

2011-01-08          176286

I finally found the fuse box and it was a fuse that was knocked loose. Thanks for all the help! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login