Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota L3700 backhoe recommendations

View my Photos
SammyH
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-01-02          176139

I have a L3700 and was woundering what the thoughts were about putting a backhoe on it. Is the Kubota brand any better than a Woods? Thanks for your thoughts.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-01-03          176158

Sammy;
I've got a Deere hoe on my Deere compact and have thought it best to keep things brand matched. Deere hoe/Deere tractor, Kubota hoe/Kubota tractor.
I'm sure Kubota uses a subframe mounting system similar to a Deere mounting system. Things are built to work their best together with like brand hydraulics, mounting systems that are engeneered by the factory to fit correcrtly.
Woods does build good stuff but I just lie to brand match.
Frank. ....

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-01-03          176163

Attachments, if the right size category, are universal. But because a hoe (and to a much smaller extent, a FEL) can be tough on, and even break, a tractor, I'd agree with Frank. Some guys choose a brand like Kubota because if they decide to get a hoe, there's a factory-designed hoe for it. ....

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-01-03          176167

SammyH,

I'd be sure to check the weight difference between the two backhoes.

A difference in weight wouldn't be a problem when digging, but when swinging left or right, a heavier hoe could be a big problem.

Is the Woods hoe about the same weight as Kubota's? The Woods hoe looks awfully heavy to me.

Joel ....

View my Photos
Art White

2011-01-03          176176

There is not a major difference in the weights. It might only boil down to the subframe adding weight as the woods hoe's are normally mounted to the rear more which allows them to work on more tractors.

Problem with going to far off the back is when loading on trailers they drag and it gives more momentum on swings of the booms as well as possible issues with digging force.

I like to keep them tight to the tractor so there is less possible chassis damage to the tractor. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login