Go Bottom Go Bottom

Just bought a 2001 L 3010

View my Photos
brokersdad
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-10-12          166304

Hi everyone, i'm new to the forum and new to owning a tractor. I just bought a used 2001 L3010 with FEL and am loving it. Was wondering what people are doing for weight on the back...i'm being told to load the tires (R4's) but kind of leary of calcium and leaks. I read on a forum some people use windshield washer fluid by breaking the bead off the rim and pouring it in then pumping it up agian, was wondering how you know how much to put in ? Also I am wanting to hook up reverse lights for plowing this winter, I installed the lights and I see under the passenger side rear fender there's a few wires running back for the signal lights , I also see one single yellow wire with a double plugged end on it not being used, when I turn the key on and check with a meter I get almost 12v if I checking it right( not great with a meter). Was wondering if Kubota put the extra wire there for hooking up other lights? Would i be smart to use this wire if it can be or should i go to the fuse panel and run a wire from there into a switch and then the lights.It's hydrostatic, anybody know how i can hook them up so when I push for reverse the lights will come on and then go off when accelerating ahead? Thanks

(Picture link corrected by Moderator Murf.)

Picture Link

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-10-13          166308

Congratulations on the tractor and being here.

It seems you have a hydrostat transmisson when you mention "push for reverse". If so you should be able to install a push on light switch to control rear lights as you desire. However think there will be times you would want them on steady.

No idea on the wires you found but others have posted they use part of wiring harness with success. I ran wire from fuse panel.

On filling tires, you can buy for about $10 a valve that you screw onto the valve stem (after removing the core) and run what ever liquid you choose in the tires. If you will be doing that you want to place a jack under the tractor to take the weight off the tire you are filling. The max you place in a tire is 75% wich is with valve stem at top of rim. The calicum many say rust metal. There is a beet juice mixture used that is safe, you will need to call dealers to find it and price it. Based upon others it is the most expensive fluid. In my tires and what is normally done here is regular antifreeze mixture. Some here who don't run there tractors in winter use only water as it does not get cold enough to damage a parked tire.
You will find many here who recommend not filling the tires but useing such as box blade or even making a weight for the 3 pth. If you will be using thr tractor for mowing grass this makes good sense to keep weight down for lawns.

KT

View my Photos
brokersdad

2009-10-13          166316

Thanks for the reply. I went out this morning and wired my backups, I used the unused wire I talked about for my power feed and put an on/off switch right on the fender where there was already a hole that the switch fits perfectly.Ran my wires along some of the factory wiring and put them all in split loom so it's a neat job. As for the tires, I thought afterr i posted about the issue of going on grass and such which I want to be able to do without marking it up so bad so i thing I may go this winter without loading the tires and just buy a set of ice chains and see how I make out, then i'll go from there. ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-10-14          166327

Welcome to the board!! Always good to have another Cannuck around.

Whereabouts in Canada are you? (roughly)

What are you going to use to plow with? A rear blade?

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
brokersdad

2009-10-14          166333

Was just planning on using the bucket this winter and see how I make out. I have to buy ice chains and a new seat so funds aren't really there for a plow blade. Had my seat to get redone and the guy called me back saying the whole frame is rotted to the point it's not worth doing, suggested I get a different one. Kubota wants over $500 for a factory one and about $160 for an aftermarket so i don't think its hard to tell which way i'll be going, although I do hate the fact I am losing my reclining option that the factory one had on it.:( I'm in Nova Scotia btw ....

View my Photos
brokersdad

2009-10-14          166335

BTW Murf, thanks for the link for my picture..I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong lol ....

View my Photos
brokersdad

2009-10-14          166336

Hmm, seems i'm having a bit of trouble with the back up lights. I took it out today and turned the back up lights on and looked back and they weren't working, I checked the fuses and it had blown the work light one (10amp). I put another one in and started the tractor, turned the switch on and the lights came on, seems soon as I pushed the pedal to reverse the backup lights went out again...looked and the fuse was blown. On the fuse panle box all i have for slots is key stop(15amp), flasher hazard (10 amp) panel relay(10amp),headlight(15amp) and the work light which the lights seem to be drawing power from which is a 10mp. No other slots in the panel for me to draw from. Any ideas what would be blowing the fuse or another spot I could power from? Puzzled -( ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login