Go Bottom Go Bottom

B2150 stalls after filling tank

View my Photos
hilltown
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-06-15          163449

After filling up the tank with diesel purchased at local gas staion, the engine cut-out. There wasn't much fuel in tank prior to filling up. I replaced the fuel filter and she ran a litle better for a while, now though, when i start the engine, it will run ok for 30 seconds or so then cut-out. when i crank again, it starts right up but only for short periods of time, (1-2 min). I even put in some kerosene i had, didn' help much. Question is, have the gas companies changed the mix for highway vehicles? I'm having the same issue with the G1900.

thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-06-15          163450

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltown | view 163449
Question is, have the gas companies changed the mix for highway vehicles?
Nope. I was going to suggest that the low fuel condition permitted the hardlines to airlock. But since you mention the same problem with two engines - either they both were run out of fuel - or you bought some wet (or buggy) fuel.

Does either machine have a glass sediment bowl? an in-tank filter screen?

//greg// ....

View my Photos
hilltown

2009-06-15          163451

Thanks, yes, both tractors have in-line filters. I removed the new filter on the B2150 and looked at the fuel in the bowl, it was clean and no water in bowl. i'm now wondering if there is some air or dirt in the line (after the filter). I might need some help on how to purge the injectors and start fresh).

i'll report back as to my findings.

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-06-15          163452

Well, the prime/purge procedure should be in your operator's manual. But in case you don't have one, the generic process goes something like this.

1. Locate hand primer pump and unscrew the plunger.
2. Loosen flexible line at input to injection pump
3. Pump hand primer until fuel spews from loosened line
4. tighten line
5. Loosen hardline fittings at each fuel injector
6. Crank engine until bubble appear at each fitting
7. Continue to crank till bubbles are replaced by raw fuel
8. tighten fittings
9. start engine

//greg// ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2009-06-15          163453

With two engines doing the same time with the common factor fresh fuel..I really would look at that fuel. It might be a good idea for you to drain the tank of one and refill with fuel from another source and see if that solves your problem. But if poblem with fuel the filter(s) could be shot. ....

View my Photos
hilltown

2009-06-15          163458

We were able to use the G1900 today. I stuck my finger in the tank to feel the consistency of the diesel fuel, it just didn't feel right, smelled like diesel, but dripped like water. We got a can of fuel additive in the tank, it sort of ran ok after that, the exhaust was quite black, not grayish, and left black sediment on the hood that when rubbed, just smeared, like oil, used WD40 to clean the paint.

I'm going to drain the tank on the big Kubota though, and purge the system. it's older and probably needs a good cleaning anyway.

Thanks all for the help.
I'll let ya's know how it's going.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login