Go Bottom Go Bottom

stalling

View my Photos
ZINO29
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-12-17          158632

can a pluged hydrolic filter make the engine stall?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

stalling

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-12-17          158636

Zino29,

I don't believe a plugged hydraulic filter could stall the engine. However, a little bit of water in the fuel filter could easily do that.

I'd start with the fuel filter.

Joel ....

stalling

View my Photos
jimbo020

2008-12-18          158655

check, clean or replace your filters or seperators.
also make sure you have winter blend fuel. ....

stalling

View my Photos
halbrown

2008-12-18          158666

I've taken to puttign a little 'Diesel 911" or similar additive in every time i fill the tank. My tractor seems to gel the fuel any time it's below freezing, even if it's winter blend. You can get a bottle that will treat a hundred gallons for about 10 bucks. I haven't gelled since i started using it. ....

stalling

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-12-19          158689

I think something else is going on here. I've seen hydraulic systems big enough to do that to an engine but that can't be the case here with this tractor. ....

stalling

View my Photos
r1bourg

2009-01-22          159711

My B7510 has been stalling out on me this winter.I changed the fuel filter and was using #1 deisel. This happened the first time.I dumped fresh 1/2 tank of new fuel with the new filter in place it eventually started. Next snow fall same #@#@@#@ thing. I know this wasn't maybe the best idea but I dropped a 1/2 ounce of iso prop. into the fuel tank,waited a bit, bang it started. I spoke with a local transport hauler. Up here in Northern Ontario he and his associates use Lucas Diesel Fuel addative and a cap full of iso prop. (1/2 oz.wood alchohol). Tractor 7510 is running better now.
Last year the tractor was in a tent garage exposed more to the cold. This year it's in the house gararge and has had some heat from time to time. The condensation in the tank is playing havick with the fuel system. Our temperatures have reached minus 32 degrees. Really tough on all cold machines. I would really like some advice on this issue from more knowledgable members. My tractor did not to stall out last snowfall. ....

stalling

View my Photos
greg_g

2009-01-22          159714

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZINO29 | view 158632
can a pluged hydrolic filter make the engine stall?
Depends upon where your filter is located in the circuit, and whether or not there's a working bypass valve.

1. is the filter on the supply side or the pressure side?
2. do you know if the filtration system incorporates a bypass valve?
3. What color is the exhaust when you stall?

//greg// ....

stalling

View my Photos
candoarms

2009-01-22          159725

R1bourg,

Being that you store your tractor in a heated building, the condensation process will be sped up a great deal. You could easily end up with more than a cup of water in your fuel tank each month in these conditions.

The best way to prevent condensation problems in the fuel tank is to eliminate as much of the air space as possible.....which can be done by keeping the fuel tank FULL at all times.

Fill your fuel tank AFTER each use. Most people tend to fill the fuel tank prior to using the tractor. If you keep the tank full of fuel, you'll eliminate 99% of the condensation problems.

Water will freeze on the filters, plugging them up. It will also freeze in the fuel lines. Cold weather will cause the fuel to gel, forming a heavy wax on the filters. Adding a little fuel conditioner will help solve these problems.......but the best thing you can do is keep the fuel tank FULL.

Joel ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login