Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota B1610 B1410 Reviews Advice

View my Photos
kuboboy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-09-02          145289

Hi all just joined this forum after reading a few threads. just wanted some advice. I have some pretty decent kit ie walk behind tractor and a big mower but i was thinking of getting a tractor, the first thing that sprung to mind was a kubota as, from what ive heard are about as good as it gets for compact tractors.

The model im am looking at is either the b1410 or b1610, probably the later. Could anybody tell me there opinion on this model and how much land could you handle with a machine of this size. i.e. is it big enough?

Oh and one more thing does anyone have experiance with running these kubs on bio diesel?

Thanks guys.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kuboboy

2007-09-03          145309

anybody? ....

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-09-03          145312

Welcome to the board! If you want good, reliable replies just be a little patient. Anyone who has somehing worth while to offer WILL reply---trust me.

I'm sure you're anxious to see replies like gifts under the Christmas tree, but the reality is most guys have businesses to run, family to tend to (it is the Labor Day holiday too), stuff to do. This board is a form of relaxation for many, if not all, of us who contribute.

And keep in mind that a two-word posting ("Kubota B1610") doesn't draw in anyone or pique their curosity or interest.

So if you want to draw some interest might I suggest posting a new post with something with more "meat" for the reader like: "Just bought a ____ need opinions", "thinking about buying a ____ need opinions" etc.

But I'm just sayin'... ....

View my Photos
crunch
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-09-03          145314

I see the B1610 is less HP than we normally see on the Kubota tractor web site. You are going to mow 6 acres with it? Is it a garden tractor? I see it comes up as UK dealership when you google it. How big a mower does it handle? Is all you want to do with it is cut grass? ....

View my Photos
bvance

2007-09-03          145316

Kubo,

A couple of questions:

What do you plan on doing with your tractor? Just mowing grass or do you want to attach equipment to the 3 pt. hitch such as a box scraper?

How much ground do you have? Do you need a front end loader (FEL)? The 2 most useful pieces of equipment to attach to a tractor are a FEL and a box scraper

There is a good thread here on Bio-diesel that you can look up but from what I'm reading it will likely clog your filter...best to stay with regular diesel.

I have 2 acres and a BX2350 with a FEL, belly mount mower, a box scraper and a landscape rake and I use them all.

If you can give us a bit more on your intended use etc. we can give you some more helpful advice.

Brian ....

View my Photos
bvance

2007-09-03          145317

Upon further review....

I looked at your post again and you ask about a B1410 or a B1610...I don't think Kubota ever made those models.

They have BX models that range from a BX1500 to a BX24.

You may want to go to Kubota's site that I have attached and take a look at the various tractors and their various specs.

Brian ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-09-04          145322

Kuboboy,

The B1610 is a little tractor....hardly bigger than a riding lawn mower. It did have 4-wheel drive, 540 PTO, and a 3-point hitch.......but there were never any useful implements available to match up with the tractor's low horsepower. All implements for this tractor were very small, and none of them were worth the asking price.

I'm not sure if Kubota ever exported this tractor to the United States. It seems that most of these little tractors are found in Europe.

Kubota did away with this little line of tractors back in the early 1980s, if my memory serves me right. They were replaced with slightly larger tractors, capable of using most commonly available 3-point tractor implements.

If you reside here in the U.S., you would be far better off looking for something just a bit bigger than the B1610 -- and I suggest that you stay away from the B1410 altogether, as it is just way too small for any useful purpose.

With the B1610, you could expect to spend the better part of a day mowing two acres of grass. And if you wish to do some tilling, you might find it nearly impossible to find a tiller, as most tillers start out at 42 inches. The B1610 would have a hard time handling a tiller this big, and the B1410 would struggle to even lift it.

Look for something just a bit bigger, as you'll then have all kinds of implements and attachments available to you.

Joel ....

View my Photos
kuboboy

2007-09-04          145323

Hi all thanks for the replies. it is a proper compact tractor, slightly shorter wheelbase than the 1710 but almost indentical (1 extra hp but at 2900rpm instead of 2600). A 7410dt in the US. Seems very similar if not the same as the grambia boy that some people have been discussing. very popular around here with alot of farmers and seems to handle fairley big stuff 1.2m rear finishing mower without any probs, lifting cap is 540kg. Kubotas do tend to have less power in europe and even less in asia but thats the way it is over here (everything seems better value in the US).

I am hoping to mainly mow with it but will probably get a rotovator and maybe more tools in the future. check out the link it goes into all the spec.

Thanks again.

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-09-04          145326

Kuboboy,

I'm very interested in this little Kubota, now that I understand that you're a resident of some country in Europe.

I'm only guessing here......but in many countries the tax laws dictate the need for something this small.

In Germany, certain pieces of furniture are very popular, simply because having an extra closet in the house drives up the property tax bill tremendously. The "Shrunk" replaces the closet most Americans are familiar with. It is a very elaborate and expensive piece of furniture, which would surely cost more to build than would any small closet, but the benefit is the long-term reduction in property taxes.

We have a friend in Canada on this board, who tells us that he is unable to build a large garage, without first going through several years worth of "Red Tape" (otherwise known as government related stupidity), due to their building codes and tax laws.

In some cities, here in the U.S., it is against city law (local ordinance) to have any vehicle parked on the street, in a driveway, or even next to the owner's home. Therefore, any tractor the homeowner wishes to keep at home, must be small enough to fit inside his garage. Either that, or he is forced to rent a storage shed. This explains why we see some garages in our bigger cities that have more square footage of space than do the houses they are attached to.

Now I'm sure there is some law that makes this little Kubota popular in your country. It might have something to do with the Kyoto Treaty on pollution, or it may have something to do with taxes on engine displacement........but I'm almost certain that some government idiot is behind this.

So.......if you don't mind, please explain why this small Kubota is so popular in your country. I'm very interested in knowing what drives the market for this thing.

Many thanks.

Joel ....

View my Photos
kuboboy

2007-09-04          145329

Hi Joel,
we might have to work on this one together. First off i like in the UK i know for sure that there are no taxes, or tax incentives for little tractors in england, i think there is in Japan though. However this tractor is not cheap, £8000 ($16000) so bigger ones are dearer and in all fairness it seems to be able to handle pretty much any machinery that a normal sized tractor will handle, and will easily handle a 42inch rotovator thats popular over here. I also think that they are popular with market gardeners and wine growers because of there width.

However this is almost identical to the b7410dt (US model) is that not popular in the US?

kind regards. Marc. ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-09-04          145333

Thanks for writing back, Marc. It's nice to get to know you better.

Small tractors, like the B1610, are very uncommon here. In fact, I doubt there are many of that model in the U.S. I believe this is mainly due to the amount of land we have available to us.

Our farms are much bigger than they are in other countries. It is not uncommon to find a house sitting on 10 acres of land in most areas of the U.S.....even close to our major cities. In fact, 10 acres is the average size of most homesteads in the rural areas.

The smallest tractors here in the U.S. are nearly twice the size of the B1610. I own one of the smallest, with the B2100. The B7610 is now about the smallest you'll find on our dealer's lots as far as horsepower ratings go. The BX series of Kubota tractors is smaller in size, but the horsepower ratings are quite a bit higher than you'll get with the B1610.

I can't help but wonder how many acres you have, and how you plan to use this tractor. It's far too small to handle the most common implements found in the U.S. And at 1.2 meters for a mower, most Americans would rather have a cheaper riding lawn mower, such as those made by MTD, or John Deere. Even my old riding lawn mower would cut a 4ft swath, and I paid just 1500 dollars for it. I don't believe I'd ever spend 8000 dollars for a tractor that wouldn't be any bigger.

So the question is.......if taxes and other regulations don't prevent you from having a larger tractor, why settle for such a small one?

If I were in your shoes, I'd be looking for something with quite a bit more muscle. If the prices in the U.K. are high, I'd be shopping for a larger used tractor.

Anyway......it is nice to have you here. I enjoy the conversations and the opportunity to learn something about the way things are done in other nations. Welcome to our discussion group! Stop in often, Marc.

Joel

View my Photos
kuboboy

2007-09-04          145340

Hi Joel,

To be honest my wife and i are thinking of moving to France because there is alot more space there. We're looking at having about 5 maybe 10 acres to kub will probably be used for mowing maybe with a rear mower of about 1.5m, it has the option of a 54in belly mower but they seem a bit expensive for what they are. However i may buy a rotovator, but not sure about that as i do have a walk behind tractor with a rotovator on that.

To be honest the price of a second hand kub (i'll talk in dollars) is about $10000 for this model and if you go bigger then so does the price so they way i look at it buy one new for $16000 and nobody has misused it or even driven it.

I have been offered an L3200 for $21000 brand new, but i dont want it to be to big (see pic).

but good to chat. Marc. ....

Picture Link
Kubota Tractors Kubota B1610 B1410 Reviews Advice

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-09-04          145344

Marc,

Might I make a suggestion?

If you decide to move to France, please wait until you get there before buying a tractor. France is loaded with smaller tractors, but bigger than the one you're looking at now. Better yet, I believe you'll find the prices to be much lower.

The B1610 will easily handle 5 acres or less. However, it would be a weekend project just to keep 5 acres mowed.

There are times when I wish I had a bigger tractor, until I start mowing around the trees, and then I'm glad my tractor isn't any bigger.

Stop in again, Marc. Nice chatting.

Joel ....

View my Photos
kuboboy

2007-09-04          145347

You've hit the nail on the head Joel, twice actually. First of all the Kub im looking at is cheaper in France and what you said about mowing round trees is exactly why i dont want something to big. And there's something quite nice about these little tractors, maybe an underdog thing or something but they are very modest and not to in your face if you know what i mean. And cheap to run of course. However if you think that little kub is small check this link out.

kind regards. Marc. ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-09-04          145349

Marc,

A riding tiller? Well, I thought I had seen it all, until I found this. Incredible.

And hey....thanks a heap for the link.

Joel

Link:   Miini Two-Row Combine -- By Kubota

View my Photos
bvance

2007-09-04          145362

Joel,

Where in the H E double hockey sticks do you get all of this info? I do a bit of research and come off like an idiot with my lack of knowledge and you're a walking encyclopedia! :) I give up....

Brian ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-09-04          145364

Bvance,

I'm a very fortunate man. I have a lot of friends, and most of them have been more than willing to share information and their experiences with me over the years. Of course, I always return the favor. And it helps, too, that I am always willing to learn something new every day. I make a point of it.

No....I'm not a walking encylopedia......but I usually have enough background information to rely on, so that I am able to find what I'm looking for. And a good memory helps in this department.

Now what was I saying? hehehe.

Many thanks for putting up with me.

Joel ....

View my Photos
Detector

2013-01-14          185953

Just to add to this, I have the lower HP version (14hp) B1410 and can confirm it pulls like a train, regularly topping with a 5ft topper and also I use an 8ft flat roll, (2.3tons when full)which I admit is not the safest way to roll but it pulls it fine apart from lack of grip on grass tyres (I use my full size JD to pull it out then)

That little Kubota runs like a well oiled Swiss watch and never ceases to amaze me what it will do & take. ....

View my Photos
taogden

2013-01-14          185961

Mine is a little bigger but not much, it is a B2320 and like you, I am impressed with what the little guy will do. I use it more than I thought I would, never saw a machine so stingy with a gallon of fuel, I have nearly 20 hours on 5 gallons digging and using the blades. Its really the wife's tractor, but, I have been using it, it is great cleaning cow sheds and the like, granted the JD 310 backhoe is much faster, but, I have hit or broken no posts or back bracing in the sheds with the Kubota, and it will dig manure out of the sheds. ....

View my Photos
Detector

2013-01-15          185967

I also emptied an old cowshed using a link box as a bucket, it took time but due to it's size I could get into really tight corners, I've used the linkbox for groundworks levelling/grading and even pushing stakes into rock hard ground, fill the linkbox with dirt and lower onto the stakes. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2013-01-15          185968

I'm just curious about the term "Link Box", is that a type of loader bucket that we call something else on this side of the big pond?

Frank. ....

View my Photos
Detector

2013-01-15          185969

Hello Frank,

Linkbox is a term we use for a box that fits the 3 point linkage rear of tractors, stock box is another term as they are often used you moving a few sheep/small stock, if you remove the rear plate that would make up the fourth side of a box it is now a fine bucket, reverse into whatever you want to move and in effect you have a quick equivalent to a front loader bucket ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2013-01-15          185970

Thanks for the info., and welcome aboard Tractor Point.

I guess we never had a name for it but we used a similar home made box for moving small pigs when we weaned them.

Frank. ....

View my Photos
Detector

2013-01-15          185971

You now have a name for it :) or :-)

I also have a JD 1640 4WD with SG2 cab, JD loader, this was the smallest output tractor in the 40 series JD's such as 1840, 2040, 2140, 2140S,& then 2250, 2450, 2650 & the range topper 2850 came after it.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login