Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota B2150 Price

View my Photos
cyber57
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-10-20          174672

I've never owned a compact tractor but purchased a home on 1.5 acres and want to do my own landscaping and yard maintenance. I found a 1990 B2150 4WD for sale locally with 1,006 hours for $5,000. It comes with a Front End Loader, Finish Mower and Boom. Is this a fair price for this tractor?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota B2150 Price

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-10-20          174674

Don't know Kubotas well but sounds like a good deal if the condition's OK.

I'll just point out that for landscaping you'd prefer ag-tread tires, and later for mowing you'd need turf tread. ....

Kubota B2150 Price

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-10-20          174676

Not sure what you mean by a "Boom", but the tractor, loader and a mid mower and the bonus of it being 4 wh. dr. makes a nice package.
When tractors become twenty years old the condition has lots more bearing on the value than model year. Compared to a new one just the loader and the mower would probably eat up 6-8000. without a tractor.
I'm stepping way out of my territory by puting a value on any tractor but 5000. seems like a good deal if it is in decent shape. They will all have a few dings and dents at twenty years old, but the basics, engine, transmisson and hydraulics are your main concern. If those parts seem solid I'd go for it. Kubota has been around a long time and has dealers everwhere so parts and service should not be a concern.
Frank. ....

Kubota B2150 Price

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-10-20          174677

Thats a good price for that package although I'm not looking at it. It is the same basics as the B-7800 or 3200 chassis. ....

Kubota B2150 Price

View my Photos
cyber57

2010-10-22          174708

Thank you for all the information. I went and purchased it tonight (2 1/2 hour trip each way) well worth the drive. Got it for $4,800 with 1,016 hours. Came with a LA350 loader, PTO operated Aerator, 60" finish mower and a Boom that connects to rear PTO to lift objects (don't know why when it has a loader?) but it came with it. I've been researching Kubota for months and with your all your input I went for it. The only problem is a leak under the transmission which I will have to look into. Cannot wait to start using it around the yard!!!

Thank You ....

Kubota B2150 Price

View my Photos
8x56mn

2010-10-24          174734

I owned a B2150 for 10 years, bought it for 6000, sold it for 6000. It came with a MMM. It leaked around the seal and because I never needed the MMM, I had the gear removed and blanked of the hole. There a great tractor, I think better than the newer ones. I had over 2000 hours and going strong. I also added a FEL. Did have to replace the drive for the FWD.because of a seal lead and the bearings went dry. I would recomened you check the fluid in the front axil. ....

Kubota B2150 Price

View my Photos
cyber57

2010-10-25          174768

Thanks for the information I never even took it off the trailer. The next morning I took it to the local Kubota dealer and they are doing a full service on it. I'm big on proper maintenance so things last longer with less issues. ....

Kubota B2150 Price

View my Photos
mkow1969

2010-10-26          174783

Congrats on the tractor purchase. I see you were wonderin about the boom on the back as to why you might need it. I could have used one a coupletimes when lifting something in a tight spot where the bucket won't fit. I'm sure it will come in handy for you at some point.
Another thing i'd recommend is getting to know your service guys at your dealer and purchasing a manual for it. My dad always told me if you don't get under it you won't get to know it. I have spent a more than a few hours changing oils and greasing my subcompact new holland. I found a few things out about it by just poking around.
Anyways... have fun and I'm sure you will find plenty of uses for your tractor. ....

Kubota B2150 Price

View my Photos
cyber57

2010-10-26          174785

Thanks for the suggestions. I've already ordered the repair manuals and owners manuals for the LA350 FEL and the Tractor. I agree the best way to learn is get under it. I'm very mechanically inclined but wanted a dealer to service it the 1st time until I'm familiar with the tractor. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login