Go Bottom Go Bottom

Air in my injector lines after sitting all night

View my Photos
Turfguy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2019-05-16          198416

On several occasions I have had to bleed my injectors due to air getting into the lines overnight.
The tractor will run good until we shut it down for the day and the next morning it will not start. I bleed the lines and find injector 2 and 3 will prime fairly fast but 1 and 4 take about 3 to 4 times longer. how is this air getting into the lines overnight? I am talking about the metal tubes coming off the injector pump being empty.

Or am I looking at this backwards and the injector pump has gotten air into it and has pushed the air into the injector lines. funny how the middle two lines will bleed out so much faster the the outer lines though.

any ideals would be appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2019-05-20          198420

Unfortunately air is thinner then fluid and you may have an air leak but no fluids to help you find it! I would say you have a problem! If it was a fuel line it would be rare if all four were to go bad. A lift pump could bleed back into the base giving an over fill condition when checking oil. The injection pump could also be the issue allowing it to bleed back. ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2019-05-22          198426

A little info on the machine in question will go a long ways to helping us point you in the right direction. Make, model, hours?

It's been my experience that if more than one, but less than all the lines are losing their prime it's one of two culprits, the injector pump or the injector tips.

Although not guaranteed, the best way to tell is the starting itself. When it starts does it blow any smoke? If so, what colour? Also, check the oil, maybe get a sample tested. Does the oil have a diesel smell to it?

If the tips are dirty and bleeding down the diesel will end up in the cylinders, generally this means it blows very noticeable white smoke on start up, and some of it will leak down past the rings and contaminate the oil.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
arcwelder
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2019-06-14          198547

Does your shutoff pull back when you let go? It could be that the shutoff is turning on after you shut down and allows the fuel to siphon back away from injectors. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login